BRAINBOX

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Don't know if this band has ever been discussed on here. It's Jan Akkerman's band before FOCUS. I got into them and noticed the song Down Man in the movie Logan Lucky. In hindsight Holland has put out some really good rock music.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah BRAINBOX a Dutch rock band that from memory had both Jan Akkerman on electric guitar & Pierre Van Der linden on drums with both musicians going on to form FOCUS the Dutch progressive rock band in 1969 that was successful in the UK and north America during the early 1970s with hits like Hocus Pocus, Sylvia & House Of The King and several very good selling albums most notably Moving Waves (1971) Focus III (1972) & The Hamburger Concerto (1974).

I originally picked up all the Focus vinyl albums back in the late 1980s and then I collected the cd re-issues in the early 1990s and more recently I bought the complete Focus cd box-set.

There was an interesting Brainbox cd compilation (possibly on Dutch import) released back in the early 1990s but I only saw the one cd and never saw it again in the UK.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online