• Bon Scott

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • Brian Johnson

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I like Brian's vocals better and I also prefer the songs from his era of the band. Nothing wrong with Bon Scott at all. However, given Brian's longevity, he has managed to build up a catalog of albums that I feel surpasses the early work.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dave Evans the original Ac/dc singer was pretty good in his only 2 songs with the band namely Rockin in the Parlour and Can I sit Next To You Girl.

joe

Reaction score
Both great. Bon gets my vote just on Highway To Hell alone.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bon Scott was not the original lol.
Dave Evans was. :)

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Bon Scott was not the original lol.
Dave Evans was. :)

Hasn't Dave Evans done an album or two, as a solo artist, in which he plays some of the really old AC/DC tunes live with his "current" band?

I remember seeing something like that on a release schedule when I was still doing radio. Of course nobody ever thunk to send little old me a copy. I would have loved to get ahold of that and take to the airwaves with it.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Where the heck was I for this poll originally!!

Anyway...Bon Scott all the way. I seen AC/DC 3 Times with Bon & twice with Brian & those shows with Bon are still in my memory & I remember them very well. The 2 shows with Brian were kind of disappointing & to me he was nothing special live. I really loved 'Back in Black' when it came out & was psyched to see AC/DC continuing (My first listen to the album I thought AC DC recruited Dan McCafferty from Nazareth!!)...Then I seen them live on the 'For Those About to Rock' tour & that was it... I was kind of turned off after that show mainly because of Brian. I actually didn't care much for the 'For Those About to Rock' but I really liked 'Flick of the Switch'. I seen them again on the Blow Up Your Video tour & the show was pretty good (Much better than the previous) but I still never cared much for Johnson live. The only albums I really liked in the Johnson years besides Back in Black are Flick of the Switch & Stiff Upper Lip (I really felt the album was going to be huge & they had a great SNL appearance around then). I like Black Ice but there are too many songs on it.

Bon Scott was Rock & Roll & was cool as Hell onstage the way he would crack his mic cord. As much of a show as Angus was Bon was never out shined by the wild antics of Angus. He was every bit an important part of the show as Angus & the crowd had their eyes glued on Scott almost as much as they did Angus. 2 of the times I seen them with Bon he came out with a banana in his jeans during the Jack & tossed it to a girl in the crowd & it was hilarious. I really love every album from the Bon Scott years especially 'Powerage' which I can't figure out why but that album is very underrated.

I bought the Live at Donnington rockband video game because I knew I could sing the Jack better than Brian (LOL! Only joking)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hasn't Dave Evans done an album or two, as a solo artist, in which he plays some of the really old AC/DC tunes live with his "current" band?

I remember seeing something like that on a release schedule when I was still doing radio. Of course nobody ever thunk to send little old me a copy. I would have loved to get ahold of that and take to the airwaves with it.

He did Rockin in the Parlour and Can I sit Next To You Girl before they fired him and got Bon Scott in.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
He did Rockin in the Parlour and Can I sit Next To You Girl before they fired him and got Bon Scott in.

Yup, the album I originally read about had Dave Evans doing those tunes and then a few of the AC/DC songs he actually didn't sing on live with his solo band. Here is the album. Don't be fooled by the 2010 release date, though. This thing has been in circulation for several years.

Amazon.com: Hell of a Night: Dave Evans: Music

Though I assume he was doing that full list of songs with AC/DC in concert during his short time with the band but never cut the remaining 6 from the list in the studio.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online