Bon Scott Vs Brian Johnson

• Bon Scott

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • Brian Johnson

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Bon Scott, and I have Highway To Hell rated higher than Back in Black on my personal Acca Dacca album list.

So do I. There is nothing wrong with Brian Johnson as the singer for AC/DC but I just feel like Bon's voice has more character to it. A much more distinctive quality if you will.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Bon Scott, but like them both as frontman.

LG, I have Back in Black as #1 and Highway to Hell as #2 on my list with Powerage #3. :grinthumb

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score
Brian Johnson. Bon Scott sounds like a weasel...not a weenie, an actual weasel. Johnson sings with incredible power. Scott had a nasal quality to his voice that I find unbearable. Of course, it worked well for AC/DC while he was alive. Personally I never would have cared about that group one way or another if it weren't for Johnson. Just listen to "Hell's Bells", "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You), and "Thunderstruck". I'll take those three songs over ANYTHING AC/DC ever did with Bon Scott, God rest his soul.

Abraxas

Reaction score
This is tough. I don't think I can choose.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Brian Johnson. Bon Scott sounds like a weasel...not a weenie, an actual weasel. Johnson sings with incredible power. Scott had a nasal quality to his voice that I find unbearable. Of course, it worked well for AC/DC while he was alive. Personally I never would have cared about that group one way or another if it weren't for Johnson. Just listen to "Hell's Bells", "For Those About to Rock (We Salute You), and "Thunderstruck". I'll take those three songs over ANYTHING AC/DC ever did with Bon Scott, God rest his soul.

Opposite for me, I much prefer Bon's voice to Brian's strangled here comes a lung vocals...he sounds like he's trying too hard.

I do like Back in Black, and I have For Those About To Rock, but I much prefer earlier Acca Dacca.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like both equally, I used to prefer Bon but now Ive come to like Brian Johnson just as much, really like the way he took the role as new singer in 1980, he didnt try to be a new Bon, he just stood in as the first Brian Johnson. Very very good job he has done.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online