Bon Jovi Reportedly Set to Release New Album

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Bon-Jovi-630x420.jpg

Bon Jovi are reportedly set to release Burning Bridges, their first album of the post-Richie Sambora era. Apparently due Aug. 21, the studio project is said to feature an advance single titled “Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning,” reportedly slated for release on July 31.

Jon Bon Jovi turned to Philip Eric Xenidis (whose stage name is Phil X) to fill in during the latter part of Sambora’s tenure. The lineup is rounded out by fellow co-founders David Bryan and Tico Torres, as well as bassist Hugh McDonald, who has been with Bon Jovi since the early ’90s.

Burning Bridges follows 2013′s platinum-selling What About Now, which became Bon Jovi’s fifth chart-topping smash. Much has changed since then, with the surprising departure of Sambora, one of the group’s original members. The guitarist said he left in order to push himself creatively. “I just needed some kind of change,” he said earlier this year. “It’s not about money; it’s about music.”

Jon Bon Jovi, who was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame along with Sambora in 2009, debuted a new song earlier this year during graduation ceremonies at Rutgers University’s Camden, N.J., campus. “Reunion” was so freshly composed that Bon Jovi admitted he’d only performed it once before. “I sang it for the chancellor in the back dressing room,” he said.

Read More: Bon Jovi Reportedly Set to Release New Album | Bon Jovi Reportedly Set to Release New Album

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Bon-Jovi1.jpg

Aug. 21 will see the release of Burning Bridges, the first effort of Bon Jovi‘s post-Richie Sambora era. Today, we’re starting to learn a bit more about the album and the first two singles that will arrive within the next month, but there are still several unanswered questions.

A spokesperson for the band told Billboard that it is “an album for fans and will accompany an upcoming international tour.” However, the person added that “the band is hard at work on their next album, which will see a full-scale release in 2016.” With little distance between the two, it could be interpreted to suggest that Burning Bridges is a largely collection of outtakes.

The first single, “Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning,” gives some credibility to that notion. It’s credited to Jon Bon Jovi, John Shanks — who has produced the last four Bon Jovi — and Sambora, who officially left the band last November after sitting out their 2013 tour. You can hear an unofficial leak of the song here.

“We Don’t Run” was written by Bon Jovi and Shanks and is described as having “meaty production and a shredding guitar solo by Shanks.” The chorus, which includes the line that gives the album its title, could be taken as a thinly veiled kiss-off to Bon Jovi’s former partner, “Not afraid of burning bridges/ ‘Cause I know they’re gonna light my way/ Like a phoenix from the ashes/ Welcome to the future, it’s a new day.”

Still, the Asbury Park Press wonders if Burning Bridges will even have an American release. They point out a reference to the album on the website for the Japanese subsidiary of their label and mention that they are planning to tour the Far East and Middle East beginning in September. There is no official mention of the record on Bon Jovi’s own website, only mentions from fans who have tweeted about it using the #bonjovimemories hashtag.

Read More: More Details Emerge on Bon Jovi's New 'Album for Fans' | More Details Emerge on Bon Jovi's New 'Album for Fans'

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
bonjovi-burningbridges.jpg

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This album is going to be left-overs from the last couple of albums (Richie Sambora),they band is currently in the studio recording a brand new album with Phil X on guitar, to be released in 2016.

I don't expect much from these songs cos the actual songs that made the albums weren't that great,so the leftovers are going to be baaaaad!! :pullhair:

bonjovi-bbtracks.jpg

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
melodicrock.com

UPDATED WITH FINAL CONFIRMED TRACK LIST

The August 21 release of BON JOVI's "fan album" Burning Bridges is in Jon Bon Jovi's words, a "contractual obligation album" and will put to a close the history of the band up until this point.

CONFIRMED FINAL TRACK LISTING:

1. A Teardrop To The Sea
2. We Don't Run
3. Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning
4. We All Fall Down
5. Blind Love
6. Who Would You Die For
7. Fingerprints
8. Life Is Beautiful
9. I'm Your Man
10. Burning Bridges
11. Take Back The Night (Japan Bonus Track)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online