Bob Dylan vs. Tom Waits vs. Celine Dion

Who's singing voice do you like the most?

• Bob Dylan

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Tom Waits

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Celine Dion

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Dion can sing that is true...She can sing my gastric content up my esophagus and out my ****ing mouth in a projectile jet like Regan from the exorcist's pea soup vomit. Hell, they ought to remake the movie with Celine as the possessed chick....She looks the part. Her voice is scary as ****. Her husband is already a child molester, so they won't need a priest in the remake. I'd rather inject a hepatitis infected needle and a syringe filled with toxic sewage into both my ear drums than hear that awkward banshee and her hideous accent.

Dilan is horrible too, but he has a few good songs I enjoy listening to. Dion is just purely unbearable.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^So you don't like Celine Dion right? Just making sure.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Dion can sing that is true...She can sing my gastric content up my esophagus and out my ****ing mouth in a projectile jet like Regan from the exorcist's pea soup vomit. Hell, they ought to remake the movie with Celine as the possessed chick....She looks the part. Her voice is scary as ****. Her husband is already a child molester, so they won't need a priest in the remake. I'd rather inject a hepatitis infected needle and a syringe filled with toxic sewage into both my ear drums than hear that awkward banshee and her hideous accent.

Dilan is horrible too, but he has a few good songs I enjoy listening to. Dion is just purely unbearable.

This! :grinthumb Though I always thought Celine Dion looked more like a giraffe on crack or an extraterrestrial.

celphotoshop1.jpg1344138536_a8c267d3a7.jpg

I'm not a Dylan fan either. He's only gotten worse. With each year he's gone from unpleasant to listen to mumbling drivel. He's a riot though to watch. This is still my favorite Dylan moment.

So anyway, Tom Waits may not be a traditionally good singer but I like what he does with his vocal and how he tells a story. He's got this smoky bar room vocal and he sounds like one of the characters he writes about. He even manages to pull off a sensitive ballad with his limited range because that's what a good songwriter does.

He knows his limits and can still make a beautiful piece around it. I don't recall any Dylan tune honestly that has any pleasantness to my ears.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Dylan easily. Waits is a better actor than singer which is faint praise at best and Dion...well, Tomcat already said all there needs to be said.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
He's a riot though to watch. This is still my favorite Dylan moment.

So anyway, Tom Waits may not be a traditionally good singer but I like what he does with his vocal and how he tells a story. He's got this smoky bar room vocal and he sounds like one of the characters he writes about. He even manages to pull off a sensitive ballad with his limited range because that's what a good songwriter does.

Ok I'm just going to come right out and say that THAT performance is my favorite thing Bob Dylan related from the last 30 years. :oyea:

And I've got your back on Mr. Waits, Soot. I like Tom's early recordings when he has a sort of Billy Joel flavor to his work and I like the instantly recognizable, gruff vocals of his later records (oddly enough) even more. :grinthumb

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Geddy Lee and Eddie ''Mumbles'' Vedder should be added to this poll.

:heheh:

They have voices that some people can't stand either...

All in fun, of course! :grinthumb

terry ells

Reaction score
celine dion haaaaheeee, overrated french wrench . tom waits has more talent in his big toe then she will ever have .:oyea:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online