Bob Dylan (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Bob Dylan

I give Dylan credit for being a true legendary figure and a continuing inspiration to many musicians, but I would never say he is a "Good" singer. His vocals/storytelling fit his music like a glove, but for me a little Dylan goes a long way.

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score

Bob Dylan was way ahead of his time. He got the stone "rolling".

:grinthumb

Prior to the British Invasion, Bob could have been characterized as a beatnik.

Some of my favourite Dylan tunes are:

Just Like a Woman
I Want You
Lay Lady Lay
Knocking on Heaven's Door

:****:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

those are some great songs hepcat, always great to hear about some people's favorite songs :grinthumb

Truckin

Ride Captain Ride
Reaction score

Favorite album: Blood On the Tracks
Favorite Song: Lay Lady Lay

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

I'm a big fan. I think he's a musician you have to warm to, though. My dad is about as obsessive about Bob as I am about the Beatles (which is saying something) so I heard a lot of him as a kid and have come to appreciate his voice for what it is.

My favourite songs include: Maggie's Farm, Subterranean Homesick Blues, Mr Tambourine Man, If Not For You, My Back Pages and Tweeter and the Monkey Man (Traveling Wilburys)

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

I remember reading an article on RS about how old time folk fans of Bobby abbandoned him and his music when he went electric......I feel that's silly and I have always dug Dylan's music, both acoustic and electric!!:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I was involved in a discussion years ago elsewhere about Bob, so I got a 2 CD compilation of his best songs. Never being the biggest fan I was rather surprised how much I enjoyed playing the album, but like many others I have to be a particular mood to play him.:D

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

great list aktivator! my list would probably be the same as yours but i'd replace Highway 61 with Bringing It All Back Home
well in truth from freewheelin thru john wesley Harding-Bob was at the top of his game I could take any of those albums as my top ones. :D
even better are the live bootlegs from that time. The Gaslight tapes are amazing.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

well in truth from freewheelin thru john wesley Harding-Bob was at the top of his game I could take any of those albums as my top ones. :D
even better are the live bootlegs from that time. The Gaslight tapes are amazing.

i agree, he's got some great live albums and bootlegs from the time. im a huge fan of the bootleg series, all of the releases are top notch

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online