Bob Dylan (Official Thread)

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Re: Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan was a great writer but he was an even better singer. he didn't have a good voice by any means. but when he sang, he was able to bring life into those songs, to make them mean something even more than the words that were scribbled down. same with his playing and music. they were used to reflect the message and emotion that Bob wanted in the song. it may not have been the best music but his music fits amazingly well with his lyrics and his singing. and most likely, if Bob had a normal, everyday voice like Macca or John Lennon or Rodger Daltrey, then i probably wouldn't like him anywhere near as much as i do. the voice makes him.

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

Oh Bob Dylan is one of the most significant musicians of all time as far as I'm concerned, Tattoo'd Lady. It's just, I don't care much for his music. What he did for the music world, rock and roll in particular (even though he was a folk musician), will forever be his greatest contribution to the world as far as I'm concerned.
Like I said in my last post, I'm glad he came along and became an inspiration for numerous other musicians that followed. Without his influence, some of my favorite bands wouldn't have played/be playing the music they did/are. He's a great man in that respect, that much nobody can deny.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

And so it begins....:D

I respect Boy Dylan, but I can't say I think he is a great vocalist or guitarist. He is a giant and influenced more people than I can think of, but I have to be in a particular mood to listen to him.

I have a compilation album and that is all the Dylan I need.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Love Bobby D. I've never understood the knock on his vocals. Yeah Yeah he doesn't have the perfect vocals but that is true of most vocalists in the rock n roll era. Bob's vocals in the early years matched what he was singing about and it was more story telling than singing anyway. His catalog of great songs is too many to list.

favorite three albums? how about four?
Blonde on Blonde
Blood on the tracks
Highway 61 revisited
Desire

4167801333_cf2f59e39c.jpg

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

great list aktivator! my list would probably be the same as yours but i'd replace Highway 61 with Bringing It All Back Home

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online