Blues Pills

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
There’s been talk about this band in other threads on CRF, but they deserve their own thread.

Blues Pills is a Swedish band who plays a combination of blues, hard rock and psychedelic rock. So far, they have released one studio album, three EPs and two singles.

Their singer, Elin Larsson is one of the best new voices out there in my opinion. Some critics have compared her to Janis Joplin and while that is not wrong, I feel that critics play that card too often, the moment they hear a powerful voice. Elin is perfectly capable of standing on her own two feet - she rules!

These guys stand toe to toe with the best of the recent retro wave, so if that's your kind of thing, do not miss this band!

Discography:

Bliss (EP, 2012)
Black Smoke (Single, 2012)
Devil Man (EP, 2013)
Live At Rockpalast (Live-EP, 2014)
Blues Pills (2014)
High Class Woman (Single, 2014)
Lady in Gold (2016)
Holy Moly! (2020)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Saw them live last night, here in Athens. What a gig! The band is tight and sounds heavier live and Elin is just as outstanding live as she is on the record. On top of that, the venue was packed and the atmosphere was awesome!

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Thanks for making this thread SDM :) The band certainly deserves one to themselves. Love their sound :grinthumb I envy you seeing them live.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I hope that you'll get a chance to see them live soon, Sunny!

Speaking of Blues Pills live, there's a new live album on the way.

Blues Pills will release a limited-edition live album recorded at the 3rd annual Freak Valley Festival in Germany last year.

Blues Pills Live will be released March 20 via Nuclear Blast. The album will be issued on various colours of vinyl and as digibook CD, with no digital version to be made available; the limited-edition package will not be reprinted once it is sold out.

bluespillsLiveCD.jpg

Source: Classic Rock

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
I like their sound and I really like Elin Larsson's voice, but I don't think she should be compared to Janis Joplin. Sometimes when people compare it takes on a life of it's own, and not in a good way.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Cool sounds ! Cool band ! I can see a lot of people on the forum liking these...:grinthumb

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
this band is totally amazing the female singer as a amazing vocal range too...

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
...and live too. Saw them some months ago and they were outstanding.

Btw, that new live album I mentioned above is a great example of their live performance. Definitely worth checking out.
I`ll send for the live album a.s.a.p. until then I`ll :pullhair:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online