Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Blue Murder

2dvn04o.jpg k9dlr7.jpg

Wiki Page
John Sykes Website

If any of you like Whitesnake, then you just might like Blue Murder. Blue Murder has a melodic hard rock sound infused with some blues, but they are very different from Whitesnake, IMO.

Blue Murder was formed when John Sykes, from Whitesnake and Thin Lizzy, got together with Ray Gillen (black sabbath) and Cozy Powell (Whitesnake)> The band had several band member changes in the short time of its life, which was from 1988-1994. Ray Gillen never was recorded on any albums, but was the vocalist for the demo of 1988.

The first album release was in 1989 the Self Titled "Blue Murder"

BlueMurderalbum.jpg

Personnel on this album:

John Sykes - Guitars, lead vocals
Nik Green - Keyboards
Tony Franklin - Bass, backing vocals
Carmine Appice - Drums, backing vocals

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Blue Murder

The 2nd release of 1993, "Nothing But Trouble"

Bluemurder-nothinbuttrouble1.jpg

personnel on this album:

John Sykes: Vocals and Guitar
Marco Mendoza: Bass
Tommy O'Steen: Drums
Kelly Keeling: Vocal on 6
Tony Franklin: Bass
Carmine Appice: Drums

33tldti.jpg

Rocker440

Reaction score

An excellent band, that were extremely good, imo! All of the members were both well established and had been in excellent bands prior to Blue Murder if I remember correctly. I was more familiar with Carmine Appice for some time and have followed him over the years, as well as with many of the bands that he's jammed with.

I did know of John Sykes for a while before Blue Murder, mostly with him in Thin Lizzy and then Whitesnake. I very much enjoy his styles and guitar playing in all of those bands!

The Firm was the only band that I had heard that included Tony Franklin before Blue Murder, and which I also very much like!

Both of the bands The Firm and Blue Murder didn't seem to last very long, with two studio albums for each, but there are many great, rocking tunes on all of them, imo!

:grinthumb

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

They are a great band, and the two studio albums, plus a live album "Screaming Blue Murder" (1994)

Blue-Murder-Screaming-Blue-Murder-1994-Front-Cover-33117.jpg

These albums are a bit hard to find, but worth the hunt :tup:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I remember this band with John Sykes, great rocking band, don't have their albums though, may purchase.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

I have the 1st album Sweaty..pretty good. I havent played it in ages...must dig it out. I loved Sykes previous bands Thin Lizzy and Tygers of Pantang.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online