Blackberry Smoke (Official Thread)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
One of my patients introduced me to this band. They look very 70ish :tongue: but I like some of their music.

Their cover of Tumblin' Dice

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
The best new band in the past 20+ years imo. Their album "The Whippoorwill", which was originally released in 2012, has just gotten its first official release in Europe. It's been on heavy rotation here since I got my copy. One of the most authentic southern rock records I've heard in years (by a new band). Lots of Skynyrd, a bit of The Black Crowes. Highly recommended.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Well, after about a week of intensive listening, the following three tracks are the standout tracks for me. Of course chances are my favourites will change the more I listen to the album, which is the case with all good albums imo.

M edit..unable to replace unnamed videos

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
New Blackberry Smoke live DVD/Double CD available now at BS shows and in their online store.

b2ap3_thumbnail_bbs_newlive_instagram_20140527-141520_1.jpg

The box-set will also be availabe in European stores from the 25th of July. I'm so tempted to order the box-set, but I think I'll fight the temptation and wait for it to be available in stores, thus saving the hefty shipping costs!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Just giving their album "The Whippoorwill" a blast Sunny. Great sound, got that 70's Southern feel for sure and that's ok with me. Makes me want to get in the van, drive around nowhere special and just give this some play.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
^^^^ :heheh: .... and that's what I've done occasionally Sox ...... jumped in the car, stuck the cd in and driven aimlessly along the coast - brilliant!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online