• 10_27_2012_Brit_Turner_Blog_by__Zack-Arias.jpg
    10_27_2012_Brit_Turner_Blog_by__Zack-Arias.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 7

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
here`s a photo of drummer Brit Turner...:bow:

:bow::bow::bow:

I haven't met Brit personally, but the word is that he and the rest of the band are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. On top of that, they gather a lot of money via meet and greets every year and donate most of it to The Children’s Hospital of Atlanta, where Brit's own daughter was treated (successfully) for cancer.

As I've said several times on this board, I think Blackberry Smoke is the best new band in the past 20+ years, judged purely on the music and the fact that they are such a great bunch of people, makes me feel even better about throwing a lot of money after them. I've ordered several shirts, vinyls, CDs, DVDs etc. through their website and I will continue to do so.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
:bow::bow::bow:

I haven't met Brit personally, but the word is that he and the rest of the band are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. On top of that, they gather a lot of money via meet and greets every year and donate most of it to The Children’s Hospital of Atlanta, where Brit's own daughter was treated (successfully) for cancer.

As I've said several times on this board, I think Blackberry Smoke is the best new band in the past 20+ years, judged purely on the music and the fact that they are such a great bunch of people, makes me feel even better about throwing a lot of money after them. I've ordered several shirts, vinyls, CDs, DVDs etc. through their website and I will continue to do so.

@Sharp Dressed Man thanks to your good self I`ve become a member of the Blackberry Smoke fans there music is fabulous it speaks volumes about them of the two studio albums I cannot split them into this is better than that.:bow::oyea:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
The best new band in the past 20+ years imo. Their album "The Whippoorwill", which was originally released in 2012, has just gotten its first official release in Europe. It's been on heavy rotation here since I got my copy. One of the most authentic southern rock records I've heard in years (by a new band). Lots of Skynyrd, a bit of The Black Crowes. Highly recommended.

Just giving their album "The Whippoorwill" a blast Sunny. Great sound, got that 70's Southern feel for sure and that's ok with me. Makes me want to get in the van, drive around nowhere special and just give this some play.

They also look the part!

1yfz4.jpg

I really, really like their style, Sunny! Thanks a lot for introducing me to them! :woot:

thanks to you lovely people I`m totally into these guys so @Sunny thank you for getting the thread started...:bow::bow::bow::bow::grinthumb

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
thanks to you lovely people I`m totally into these guys

I'm more than happy to have played a part in you becoming a fan. Seriously, I know how much you love vinyl and I strongly suggest that you order that "Little Piece of Dixie" vinyl before it's too late. It's an absolute gem of a record, which has deserved the vinyl treatment since its release. You do not want to miss it mate.

Oh and don't forget the limited "Wood, Wire & Roses" 10".

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I'm more than happy to have played a part in you becoming a fan. Seriously, I know how much you love vinyl and I strongly suggest that you order that "Little Piece of Dixie" vinyl before it's too late. It's an absolute gem of a record, which has deserved the vinyl treatment since its release. You do not want to miss it mate.

Oh and don't forget the limited "Wood, Wire & Roses" 10".

thanks dude I`ll bee on there asap...

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
fellow brothers and sisters you may like to now about a new band whom toured with Blackberry Smoke.:bow: they are called Red Sky Mary and imho awesome band there album is called " River Child " you should check them out they rock!!!!!:bow:

Attachments

• RSMnew-1200x500.jpg
    RSMnew-1200x500.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 5
  • RiverChildCover-300x294.jpg
    RiverChildCover-300x294.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 5

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members