Blackberry Smoke (Official Thread)

panda_3

Reaction score
Well, I got my copy of the new album last Tuesday and it has been on heavy rotation since. It took me a while to get used to the production, which is not quite as natural and organic as on "The Whippoorwill", but the album is superb none the less. Just like "The Whippoorwill", “Holding All the Roses” grows with each spin.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Blackberry Smoke to release Rolling Stones covers album for Record Store Day

Georgia's very own Blackberry Smoke are releasing an album of Rolling Stones covers on Record Store Day Black Friday, November 26.

The album, Stoned, will be pressed on red vinyl and is limited to 2500 copies worldwide. The tracks were recorded last November at Welcome To 1979 studios in Nashville, TN.

"This album was recorded, mixed, mastered and cut directly onto a vinyl master in one live take per side," say the band. "So there was no overdubs, edits, punch-ins or remixing. We brought in some horns and The Black Bettys to help out as well."

Mastering direct to vinyl piles the pressure on the musicians involved, as once the recording has started it cannot stop until the end of the side, so each side is a complete single take.

Blackberry Smoke: Stoned Tracklist
Side A
All Down The Line
Sway
Can't You Hear Me Knockin'

Side B
Tumbling Dice
Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
I Got The Blues
Street Fighting Man

N7EVcCTpiSPLktTnc6V2BG-970-80.jpg

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Re: Record Store Day

Thankfully some copies of "Stoned" turned up at my record dealers shop in Germany yesterday and I was able to place and order, saving me the pain/irritation of supporting flippers on eBay selling copies ranging from $60-$100!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online