Billy Squier (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Billy Squier

My sister had got it before I did, but it was one I would always borrow or tell her to put on before I got my own.

:grinthumb

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I first heard Billy Squier when Tommy Vance played his Reading performance from 1981 on the BBC Radio 1 Friday Rock Show (along with Saga). In the Dark also got radio play here in the UK. He seemed to have a very distinctive voice and guitar style. I did not realise at the time that there were connections between him and Queen (May, Mercury and Reinhold Mack). What happened to him? Did he release anything at all in the 21stC?

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Well my brother had Emotions In Motion on tape. Still love that album. So thanks to my brother for having a cool tape collection. I discovered all my early music through his tapes and my uncles record collection

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
Definitely one of the unsung heros,One of my favorites off Emotions in Motion
Billy Squier-Learn How to Live

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Don't Say No is a great trend setting album that often gets panned. Emotions In Motion is kind of a mixed bag in my opinion, but still has some great individual songs like "Everybody Wants You".

I was in middle school, fixing to go into High Scool when DSN came out.

I really feel a lot of the "mainstream" rock that followed into the mid-eighties took energy from this album. (Of course I'm not talking about the metal scene that was soon to follow, but still....)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never a huge fan of Billy's but I did like both DSN and EIM, the Stroke is still a song that I like cranking up and "croaking" along to.:D

Khor1255

Reaction score
Oh how I hated his stuff in his heyday. But you have to remember they played it every second and stuff like Maiden and Rush were still putting out quality. Later on I got into a few tunes. I really dig Lonely is the Night and think he has a really good bass player.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I am a fan of Billy. I too have copies of:
Don't Say No (1981)
Emotions in Motion (1982)
Signs of Life (1984)
Enough Is Enough (1986)
Hear & Now (1989)
Tell the Truth (1993)
A Rock and Roll Christmas (Various Artists Compilation) (1994)
16 Strokes: The Best of Billy Squier (1995)
Billy Squier Live! (2000)

Tell The Truth initially only sold, 40,000 copies. I was one of those 40,000.
Billy has had a pretty respectable career if you ask me. That music video was unfortunate but it really had no adverse affect on my overall pleasure in listening to his music. Honestly, if we get too hung up on the personalities of many musicians, I am quite sure we would have a lot less to enjoy.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online