Tale of the Tape (1980)
Don't Say No (1981)
Emotions in Motion (1982)
Signs of Life (1984)
Enough Is Enough (1986)
Hear & Now (1989)
Creatures of Habit (1991)
Tell the Truth (1993)
A Rock and Roll Christmas (Various Artists Compilation) (1994)
16 Strokes: The Best of Billy Squier (1995)
King Biscuit Flower Hour Presents Billy Squier (1996)
Reach For The Sky: The Anthology (1996)
Happy Blue (1998)
Absolute Hits (2005)​

Billy Squier is a rocker from Massachusetts. He got his start in 1968 but didn't enjoy success until he went solo in 1980 and relased his single, The Stroke, in 1981 off of his album, Don't Say No, which was a successful album, remaining on the billboard charts for 111 weeks and peaking at #5.

His third album, Emotions in Motion, was also a success and peaked at #5 as well, with singles such as Everybody Wants You, She's A Runner and Learn How To Live.

He credits his downfall to the release of his video for the single, Rock Me Tonite, for his fans considered him a 'sell out' (that song is awesome, btw). He still continued to make music but was never a success again.

The Stroke = one of the best songs ever made. It's the best blasting that song because most people think it's about something else (the song is about the music industry).

The Stroke

My Kinda Lover

In The Dark

Rock Me Tonight

Everybody Wants You

She's A Runner

Rich Kid

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Billy Squier

I am a big fan of Billy Squier. "Don't Say No" of course is a must have for any rock fan's collection but "Signs of Life" and "Emotions in Motion" are great albums as well.

"Rock Me Tonite" is my favorite song by him (though it has a pretty silly video and I don't mean "silly" in a good way like I usually do).

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

One record company passed on signing Van Halen in favor of Squier's mid-70's band Piper, whose first album was touted by Circus magazine as the greatest debut album ever produced by an American rock band. I worked at a printing company in the early 80's when we did one of Squier's concert programs. I'll scan some pics if I can find it.

Reaction score

I really like Billy Squier.. I like the first three albums best, but the others are alright.. his tunes are a lot of fun, and one is behind and awesome scene in Fast Times At Ridgemont High, so that can't be a bad thing:heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Love Billy!! He was great recently in the All Starrs with Ringo and Don't Say No is a favorite classic disc for me!

Everybody Wants You

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I now have a copy of "Don't Say No", Lynch highly recommended that album so along with a greatest hits compilation I think I have the essential Billy Squier in the collection.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have always liked this album and I had Emotions in Motion on vinyl...but never got around to replacing them on CD. I consider this his best work though.:D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool!!! I love upgrading. Just got done ordering an old CD now that I used to have on vinyl (but that's another thread)

F

FoxyPage

Don't Say No is indeed his best work, I love that album. In The Dark is a great song.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online