Billy Joel (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
A very pleasant surprise to see someone's favorite album from Billy not be "The Stranger" (something I'm guilty of), but then again Eberg, I'm not really surprised that you'd take songs like "You May Be Right" and "It's Still Rock and Roll To Me" over the likes of "Just The Way You Are" and "She's Always A Woman". :D

Reaction score
A very pleasant surprise to see someone's favorite album from Billy not be "The Stranger" (something I'm guilty of), but then again Eberg, I'm not really surprised that you'd take songs like "You May Be Right" and "It's Still Rock and Roll To Me" over the likes of "Just The Way You Are" and "She's Always A Woman". :D

:heheh:

I love Uptown Girl off of An Innocent Man, though:D

You know me too well, Cosmic.. Still Rock n Roll to Me is bouncy, kind of nihilistic, and fun.. You May be Right is just a rocker.. and Sleeping With the Television on is just smooth and fun..

and I Don't Want To Be Alone.. :tup:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
:heheh:

I love Uptown Girl off of An Innocent Man, though:D

You know me too well, Cosmic.. Still Rock n Roll to Me is bouncy, kind of nihilistic, and fun.. You May be Right is just a rocker.. and Sleeping With the Television on is just smooth and fun..

and I Don't Want To Be Alone.. :tup:

All great choices. :grinthumb

I just know you well enough to know that you would like argueable Billy's hardest rocking album over the most jazzy, piano centered songs from his earlier albums. :D

One of my favorites from "Glass Houses" (other than the hits that is) would be "Close to the Borderline". :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think "We Didn't Start The Fire" was probably the first Billy Joel song I ever heard. It was either that or probably "Uptown Girl". :D

Reaction score
All great choices. :grinthumb

I just know you well enough to know that you would like argueable Billy's hardest rocking album over the most jazzy, piano centered songs from his earlier albums. :D

One of my favorites from "Glass Houses" (other than the hits that is) would be "Close to the Borderline". :grinthumb

Aw man, I forgot about that song.. This album needs to be played immediately!:grinthumb

Anyways..

a few more favorites from ..

album-an-innocent-man.jpg

Released in 1983

:tl:
1. Easy Money
2. An Innocent Man
3. The Longest Time
4. This Night
5. Tell Her About It
6. Uptown Girl
7. Careless Talk
8. Christie Lee
9. Leave a Tender Moment Alone
10. Keeping the Faith

back-15.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Just bought this album in the 5 dollar bin! :grinthumb

Billy_Joel_MV_52nd_Street-B00000DCHD.jpg

I have all three Billy Joel Greatest Hits c.d.s so I know all his hits but I was glad this disc had one of my favorites even though I already had it! Love this song:

My Life

My favorite surprise and gem was this track though:

Stiletto

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I guess not a lot of you knows Billy was a member of hard rock band back in 1970. Really? Yes!

tumblr_koupc1Cq3X1qzo395o1_500.jpg

Critics described it as "one of the worst rock album of all time". I say **** them, they know nothing. I liked this project! :D

:grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online