Billy Joel (Official Thread)

Reaction score
That was really cool Craig, I liked the combo of piano and the synth at the end:D

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
I also really enjoyed his classical piano compositions, even though some critics thought they were a little too overly Rachmaninoff-esque. It was interesting too that he got someone else to perform them on the recording instead of doing it himself. I've never heard him say why; maybe his own compositions were too difficult for him to play. ;)

Travelin' Man

Reaction score
He was married to Christy Brinkley for a few years as well.

Yeah well I was married to Christy Brinkley for a few years too, but CRF rules forbid me from talking about stuff (delusions) like that. :tongue:

While I liked Billy Joel to a degree in the 70's, I became a greater fan in the 80's after he put out songs like Goodnight Saigon.

I saw him live in 1995 during one of his tours with Elton John. That solidified my love of his music. Scenes From An Italian Restaurant is without a doubt my favorite. The story of Brenda and Eddie was all too easy to relate to and, beyond that, it was like a trip back in time.

Good stuff.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
An old friend of mine tried to tell me "Glass Houses" was a punk/new wave album when it was released,,,boy did I laugh. "The Stranger" is the album that got me interested in Billy, before that I only knew Piano Man which was a really good song.

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
I always though Billy Joel was the epitome of un-cool. But then they featured some of his songs on an episode of Freaks and Geeks (My Favorite Show!) and now, I kind of think he's OK. I like that song where he he sings part of it in French (it was on that show). His voice actually sounds a bit like McCartneys.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I'm a fair fan of Billy, but I much prefer that side of his music than the pop hits like Uptown Girl and My Life to be honest.

elfranco

Reaction score
My BJ fave, Second Wind. It's just about life, man. I saw him when he was Lehigh U. in when he released Allentown which is right next store to Bethlehem. You know, the place where they were filling out forms and standing in line.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
My BJ fave, Second Wind. It's just about life, man. I saw him when he was Lehigh U. in when he released Allentown which is right next store to Bethlehem. You know, the place where they were filling out forms and standing in line.

Do you know how cool it was growing up living in the area the Billy Joel was talking about? I grew up south of Allentown. I always thought, wow, Billy Joel wrote a song about us!

There are better Bily Joel songs than that, though...

Miami 2017

Say Goodbye To Hollowood

New York State Of Mind

The Ballad Of Billy The Kid

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online