Billy Joel (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
One of my favorites from Glass Houses

51i4P2A9T0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

One of my favorites from The Nylon Curtain

517p0wNqetL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tray...as lady pointed out I also believe you're thinking of Jackson Browne: "The Load Out" which is attached to the song Stay.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the first vinyl album I bought with my own money was Glass Houses (it was either that or the Eagles - The Long Run)

51i4P2A9T0L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Still love that album to this day and is probably my favorite from Billy

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
I just got into Joel's works about a week ago. Piano Man, The Stranger and Storm Front.

I think I'm one of the only people out there that loves We Didn't Start the Fire, every time I bring the song up on other forums it gets "Worst song ever written"/"worst lyrics ever" tag.

I can't help it, song is catchy as hell.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I just got into Joel's works about a week ago. Piano Man, The Stranger and Storm Front.

I think I'm one of the only people out there that loves We Didn't Start the Fire, every time I bring the song up on other forums it gets "Worst song ever written"/"worst lyrics ever" tag.

I can't help it, song is catchy as hell.

I love that song! He was best than most rappers in that song! :heheh:

Canadian Air Force

Reaction score
He also gets flak from the other forums because Bruce Springsteen is very popular on these boards and Joel get's called a Springsteen ripoff.

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
I think one of his best songs was "The Entertainer," from very early in his career (pre-"Piano Man"). I especially like the sophisticated (for rock/pop) rhyme scheme in the latter part of each verse: ABBCCA.

And while I have no idea why he was on it in the first place, my very favorite episode of "Inside the Actor's Studio" was one where Joel was the guest. It ran longer than most episodes (I don't remember if it was 90 minutes or 2 hours), and it was all about his music. It was extremely informative, very entertaining, and made him seem like the kind of guy you'd enjoy hanging out with (assuming you're interested in music ;) ).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online