Billy Joel (Official Thread)

noodles

Short, Bald, Metal
Reaction score
My cover band does "Only the Good Die Young", and it is always a blast to play. Since Billy is a pianist, the chord changes are never what a guitarist expects them to be.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I always liked "Piano Man" (who didn't?), but The Stranger and 52nd Street were both excellent albums that remind me of some great times right around my senior year in high school.

I think my favorite song of his might be "She's Right On Time", which was huge on MTV in the early 80's.

I also find it ironic how (if I have the story right) Joel moved out here to California in the early 70's to make it in the music business, but having failed that goal he eventually moved back to New York where, without the usual trappings of L.A., he could really focus more on his craft and everything fell into place and he finally achieved the success he had sought with The Stranger and 52nd Street.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I remember Piano Man when it came out they kept playing it for months and it grew on me. Then when he released "The Stranger", that put him in the big leagues.

He was married to Christy Brinkley for a few years as well, so I would say without hesitation Billy Joel made it to the pinnacle, at least for a few years.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
He was married to Christy Brinkley for a few years as well
The lucky dog...

nl_vacation3.jpg

Reaction score
The lucky dog...

nl_vacation3.jpg

would you rather have her or the car?:heheh:

my favorite album is Glass Houses, but my favorite song is Still Rock n Roll to me... I love putting Still Rock n Roll on a mix right after Lido Shuffle from Bozz Scaggs

Glass Houses is really awesome though, its a feel good/fun album for me:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
...I'll take the car EB.:lmao:

She has proven over the years that old adage that beauty is more than skin deep.

Silk Degrees is the only Boz album I own, and it is top drawer, and the music does fit together with Billy Joel's so that's a good mix.

Last edited:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Love a lot of Billy's songs!

I also love his song about packing up the band after a concert but I don't know what the song is called ................ anybody enlighten me???

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.