1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Billy Joel (Official Thread)

Discussion in '70's Music' started by Sweaty, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Hurdy Gurdy Man

Hurdy Gurdy Man Senior Member

Most deserving of the honor.Of course,no one should be bestowed with such a prize just because of a good show on the Billboard charts,but Joel has indeed had his own special way of articulating feelings and emotional states in a way that sometimes listening to him,you may feel as if you're taking some wisdoms from a dear close friend.Greatly inspired by Lennon and McCartney,Joel has exhibited some of their brand of depth of writing...........

2. CP/M User

CP/M User Ace in the Hole

I brought some Billy Joel years ago (1995 or something), when Sony Music were flogging 2 Albums for the price of 1, so the albums worked out around $15 each. With that I got "An Innocent Man" and "The Stranger".
    Initially I would have been playing both albums, though these days the album that stands out for me between the 2 is "The Stranger".

I'm bringing this up because the other Billy Joel was the subject of conversation at work, and I suppose that there are people who enjoy his music and those who don't and usually if someone doesn't like Billy Joel it may have something to do with the flare in their music, which I thought perhaps it is true of his 80s music. "The Stranger" doesn't appear to have much of that and just thought that if there is a good album for anyone to checkout for me it would be "The Stranger". :D But like I mentioned earlier I don't have much Billy Joel. :D

3. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.