Biggest Music What Ifs ______

Khor1255

Reaction score
Was John Rutsey the original Rush drummer? I haven't looked it up, never even heard the name, more interesting getting other peoples take on things than the usual stuff on wikipedia etc...
Yeah, John was their drummer on the first album and was more into straight up rock and roll like Bad Company etc than anything like Yes or King Crimson like ther other members and Neil Peart was. But that wasn't why they said they let him go. Rutsey had diabetes and apparently when they were touring he neglected to do the stuff a diabetic has to do to stay alive. If a diabetic drinks too much or forgets medication he can go into a coma and die.
Out of fear for his health they decided to hire someone else. The direction they took after that I think was partly where they were heading anyway and obviously hugely due to Neil's lyrical and musical influence.

Ha, this is a cool thread.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Another one, Randy Rhoads, dies in a senseless small airplane crash (they crashed while doing a very low level fly-by). How long would he have stayed with Ozzy? the impact that this man had on guitarists around the world while basically only recording two incredible studio albums (and one live album release years after his death).... it just makes me wonder what he could have done and how his style would have changed and grown over the years if not for that plane crash. Rumor had it that he wasn't particularly happy with everything in Ozzy's camp and may have left sometime in the near future anyway. we'll never know. But what a loss.
I heard he was planning on doing classical guitar. Now, the money aspect might have made that his side project with some rock band being his main line of income but sadly we'll never know.

Imp

Banned
Reaction score
What if ZZ Top (Billy & Dusty) would have never grown their beards out?

What if Slash would have been choosen to join Poison over C.C. Deville?

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
The worst part of the downloading trend is the closing of a lot of record stores, including many mom and pop shops.

If the major labels had embraced the new technology instead of trying to stop it, they may have come out much better than they have. Their short-sightedness is typical of their business model.

Tell me about it, I used to love working in a record shop but the greed took over and I was forced to jump ship before the greed took me down with it. If there was money in it I would do it tomorrow but it is hard work now and no pay just fun which I suppose is not a bad thing :heheh:

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
I shoulda went more into my Question
If they never came up with the show gimic(including Gene's bloody tounge)that no doubt pushed them into the mainstream.
Would we have the same Kiss/Tunes? ie Beth,God of thunder,Detroit rock city
Good tune by the way MP:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online