Daddy, When Is Mama Comin' Home (1991)
We Got to Stop This Killin' (1996)
Live in Chicago (1997)
All the Way Back* (1998)
Live In Chicago* (1998)
Roots Stew* (2000)
The Memphis Barbecue Sessions (2002)
Black Snake Moan (2007)

Anybody listen to this guy? I don't know who he is or what his history is but a year ago one of the teachers in the lunch room saw me bobbing my head and out of the blue decided to burn Big Jack Johnson's Memphis Barbeque Sessions CD for me.

I think the album is totally cool. I love the style and everything. I think that kind of raw acoustic blues and folk blues are such awesome sounds.

Last edited by a moderator:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Re: Big Jack Johnson

Nah that's someone else. I've never listened to Jack Johnson but my friend says he is good. Big Jack Johnson is some blues guy, I don't know much about him but him & the dudes he was playing with seem like fairly old fellas, maybe 40 or 50 or older (I'm not good at guessing age). The album has a really nice atmosphere, and it's real raw, so the Memphis Barbeque Sessions title is very accurate to the mood.

It's got the typical, guitar, harmonica, raspy vocals. Lots of very cool acoustic guitar playing. This album and Bob Dylan's debut album are the things that make me really wanna play acoustic blues or folk-blues.

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Re: Big Jack Johnson

Great Bluesman. Have a couple albums by him. This is a great song from Big Jack Johnson & The Oilers You're Gonna Make Me Cry from the album Roots Stew

You're Gonna Make Me Cry

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online