• Go Big or go home - Big Four

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Grunge gods - Seattle Four

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I voted Seattle Four...Mostly because I love Nirvana and Seattle.

However, I think that the "Big Four" are a far more coherent group. Other than coming out at about the same time in about the same city, I don't really think that Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, or Soundgardern have much in common. I don't think I'd even put any of them in the same genre.

You can always bet that whichever choice has received the most air play in a given poll will win around here .... it's no brainer for any gambler :heheh:

I agree with DOC and DKW, I think both sets had plenty of airplay but it's a matter of when more than how much. I'm sure I'm influenced by the Seattle four more because they played during the time when I was in my coming of age musically. Also, the level of Metal is different for everyone making groups the Seattle four more hard rock in a lot of ways and more accessible for people like me! :)

So yeah, the Seattle four for me! :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Seattle 4. It would take a whole lotta somethin to ever make me a metal chick. :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Seattle 4. It would take a whole lotta somethin to ever make me a metal chick. :D

I use to say the same thing, ILJP, but LG has had a bad influence on me. I now have spikes on my boots and full set of leathers :heheh:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
@ Soot ...The Big Four have received almost NO radio time out here. Enter Sandman ..sure, other then that the only place we ever heard Metal after the RR thing was on Headbangers Ball on MTV @ midnight Sunday morning.

There was KNAC and Pirate for a little while but KNAC was near impossible to get here and Pirate last about 2 flippin' years

All hail the Interzweb :bow:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I'll take Metallica, Slayer, Nirvana, and Alice in Chains... ;p

I like all four of the Seattle bands whereas I'm not too keen on Megadeth or Anthrax. So my choice was pretty easy.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I use to say the same thing, ILJP, but LG has had a bad influence on me. I now have spikes on my boots and full set of leathers :heheh:

Many have tried. None have succeeded.

And as Lynch would say... "Got pix? :flirt"

Death on Credit

Reaction score
What the ..... L.A. SUCKS!!!! Ever since that Richard Ramirez thing out here
there has been almost zilch in the way of Metal on radio stations. After all
Metal makes people kill :rolleyes:

Yeah, if you're stuck with KROQ, I can see the complaint. They viciously overplay Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden. That station ruined Nirvana for me for years. If I remember correctly, they also give Metallica a lot of airtime, though. Hearing Slayer or Megadeath would really be a rarity.

Metal is really huge in LA, so I'm surprised it doesn't get much play on the radio.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Enter Sandman gets way too much airplay. Why don't they actually play better Metallica then just one ****ing song? Enter Sandman is a good song but over played and over rated to the max now.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think Metallica is over-rated, period. This doesn't mean they suck, it just means........I am tired of hearing them. :D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Yeah, if you're stuck with KROQ, I can see the complaint. They viciously overplay Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden. That station ruined Nirvana for me for years. If I remember correctly, they also give Metallica a lot of airtime, though. Hearing Slayer or Megadeath would really be a rarity.

Metal is really huge in LA, so I'm surprised it doesn't get much play on the radio.

KROQ is definitely not a metal station..though I'm sure they played the crap out of the non-metal BS Metallica recorded and parts of the Black album.
They play mostly crap I have no interest in whatsoever ...

AAARRGGGGG... now you know why all of us LA Metal heads are so ANGRY:mad ( Glam Metal is not real metal and does not count :D)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online