Best Velvet Underground Album?

Which Velvet Undergound album is the best?

• The Velvet Underground and Nico

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • White Light/White Heat

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • The Velvet Underground

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Loaded

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
A very simple question, which Velvet Underground album do you think is the best?

2000200.jpg
1984094.jpg

cover.jpg
176.jpg

And if you wondering to yourself "Hey Cosmic, where's 'Squeeze'? I was gonna vote for it." Well then you need to take a long look in the mirror and then admit to yourself that "Squeeze" is awful. :D

Syd

Reaction score
I wouldn't really know which one to choose. I love The Velvet Underground albums all equally. They are really even. But I would have to vote for White Light/White Heat since it has my 2 favourite VU songs I think: WL/WH and Sister Ray. Definitely a great album!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think my favorite is self titled album without Nico. "Pale Blue Eyes" and "After Hours" are such sweet songs.

Death on Credit

Reaction score
It's tough to choose between The Velvet Underground & Nico, and White Light/White Heat. They're both phenomenal, revolutionary albums. On a whim, I went with Nico...the classic.

I love the other two, but the Velvets without John Cale, to me, is kind of like the Rolling Stones without Keith Richards...it just doesn't seem right.

Of course, with Squeeze, they took it a step further and left out Lou Reed, making them like the Stones without Keith OR Mick. Basically, Squeeze doesn't really deserve to exist.

Tommy Walker

Reaction score
Nico easily. Great band, but never able to ever top their debut. Certainly no shame in that though.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Velvet Underground. Love that album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online