• Fat Man

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reasons for Waiting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I have this LP on mint condition vinyl with the original gatefold pop-up cover. Not only is it my favorite album by the band, it is also one of those albums that take you back to a particular time and place.
Without a doubt, my favorite songs are A New Day Yesterday and Nothing Is Easy.
I have the same vinyl copy. It's actually great for me to see something people have done years and years before I was born. It's like 'that was in 1969? So cool!' :grinthumb

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
I like to see young people show an interest in classic rock.
I've been trying to program my sons (33 and 34 years old) to take an interest in my vinyl collection so they don't get ripped off if they sell it after I'm gone.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's a good idea Chevelle and I hope they do take an interest.

But...vinyl seems to be having a renaissance right now, and who knows if in 20 years or so if that will be the case. It might be worth considering taking stock now and getting the maximum value for those records you can part with. Just a thought.

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
^^That's a good idea Chevelle and I hope they do take an interest.

But...vinyl seems to be having a renaissance right now, and who knows if in 20 years or so if that will be the case. It might be worth considering taking stock now and getting the maximum value for those records you can part with. Just a thought.

I have thought about that, LG (20 years is stretching it though). It might be difficult to get my boys to take on that task.
Between now and the time I start feeling dizzy, I'll have to make a decision.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I inherited over 500 albums when my Mom passed away, most of them I had to throw out they were played to death and the jackets were frayed and tattered. Looking back knowing what I do now I would have taken them all to one of the used shops and if nothing else Given them away...but I had no clue what to do with them 7 years ago.

If your boys don't want the responsibility of sorting through your collection in 20 years(I think you'll make it to 100 God willing :D) you should do it yourself when the spirit moves you.

No matter what I'm sure you'll make the right decision, the fact you're thinking about it now says a lot.:hab:

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
I managed to get an excellent vinyl copy of this one a month ago Chevelle.:grinthumb

Doesn't have the pop-up cover though.

MP I see you have good taste, "Nothing is Easy" I just love the drums on that song, not sure if it was Clive or Barriemore back then but doesn't matter both are excellent skin tappers.:drums:

Clive Bunker.

WetWilly

Whiskey Rock-A-Roller
Reaction score
Graet album, I may just have to pull that one out & give it a spin. A New Day Yesterday gets my vote.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
A new Day Yesterday and We Used to Know are among my fav's. But the best song for me is Back to the Family.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online