Best Music Experiences/Memories

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
This thread is for us CRF members to share our best/favorite music related experiences/memories. All of us take the time to write passionate posts about our favorite bands/artists. For us we are more than just the average radio listeners. Music has strummed a personal chord or two deep within our beings. There is a deep connection we make with the music we listen to.

Music has given me the ability to hide my lisp. When I sing it is barley there or non existent, but when I speak anyone could notice it.

I remember being 8 years old and hearing "Voodoo Child Slight Return" for the first time. It completely changed my life. I instantly wanted to stop fooling around with the guitar and put all my time and energy in it.

I remember being 11 years old and going to my first real concert. It was called HFStival. HFS was a great alternative/rock station In DC/Baltimore/Annapolis. They had yearly festivals with killer lineups. The lineup in 1999 included The Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Offspring, Moby, Goo Goo Dolls, ****, Sugar Ray, Live, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Sliverchair, Blink-182, and Jimmie's Chicken Shack.

Best recent music experience is singing and playing Buddy Holly songs to my kids when they were toddlers. They loved those songs.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I don't even know where to start, I have SO many vivid memories (both good and bad) connected to music.

I'll have to ponder this for a while.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Musical experience

This thread is for us CRF members to share our best/favorite music related experiences/memories. All of us take the time to write passionate posts about our favorite bands/artists. For us we are more than just the average radio listeners. Music has strummed a personal chord or two deep within our beings. There is a deep connection we make with the music we listen to.

Music has given me the ability to hide my lisp. When I sing it is barely there or non existent, but when I speak anyone could notice it.

I remember being 8 years old and hearing "Voodoo Child Slight Return" for the first time. It completely changed my life. I instantly wanted to stop fooling around with the guitar and put all my time and energy in it.

I remember being 11 years old and going to my first real concert. It was called HFStival. HFS was a great alternative/rock station In DC/Baltimore/Annapolis. They had yearly festivals with killer lineups. The lineup in 1999 included The Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Offspring, Moby, Goo Goo Dolls, ****, Sugar Ray, Live, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Sliverchair, Blink-182, and Jimmie's Chicken Shack.

Best recent music experience is singing and playing Buddy Holly songs to my kids when they were toddlers. They loved those songs.
The last line on your post... :****: Really cool. Music connects in many levels that few understand. It is a soundtrack to people's lives that run the gamut of incidents, emotions and attitudes. It either relates to you or it doesn't. Simple as that since I have "sane" people question why accumulate so much?

I like to take songs and apply them to people I know. This song reminds me of this person or that person. On a personal level, it is like a prism that shows the colors of your being. It can define your moods. It exposes your quirks. Music doesn't limit itself...no gender, race or creed from the Pipes of Jojouka to Motorhead.

As far as concerts, it can be from your friend's band at their parents' garage or at the Coliseum listening to The Rolling Stones with 90,000 of your closest friends.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
The last line on your post... :****: Really cool. Music connects in many levels that few understand. It is a soundtrack to people's lives that run the gamut of incidents, emotions and attitudes. It either relates to you or it doesn't. Simple as that since I have "sane" people question why accumulate so much?

I like to take songs and apply them to people I know. This song reminds me of this person or that person. On a personal level, it is like a prism that shows the colors of your being. It can define your moods. It exposes your quirks. Music doesn't limit itself...no gender, race or creed from the Pipes of Jojouka to Motorhead.

As far as concerts, it can be from your friend's band at their parents' garage or at the Coliseum listening to The Rolling Stones with 90,000 of your closest friends.

I couldn't have said it much better. So many songs I can make connections with different points in my life.

Yes music transcends things like gender, race, sexual orientation and religion.
I always get pissed when people say white music or black music. It's BS. You can't see music so a race attached to a type of music is silly to the nth degree.

Music has the ability to heal, unite, and excite in a way that words can't describe.

The Wanderer

Kids With Guns
Reaction score
Music Memories

I recall being 3 or 4 years old and being mystified by the opening to Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress) by The Hollies.

Being about 7 or 8 and listening to Yellow Submarine by The Beatles on repeat,felt like happiness on repeat.

Hearing Joan Jett and The Blackhearts' cover of Crimson and Clover for the first time felt just as good as being in love or better.

Listening to The Wanderer by Dion and The Belmonts , saying it was my theme song XD.

The first days of last summer, sitting at the computer about 6:30 AM in the morning, rainy and cloudy outside, blasting Paranoid by Black Sabbath.

I came home from school one day feeling angry,sad,and so alone. The phrase "Nobody likes people like me anymore,people like me are dead." kept ringing in my mind. I ran into my room, I turned on my stereo, pressed play on the CD player and the beginning track, Metal Guru off The Slider album by T. Rex started playing. I sat there and let the whole album play through. I forget why I was mad.

Hearing Dandy and The Underworld by T. Rex for the first time, heard it on youtube. Somebody posted in the comments that it was "The recluse's anthem", which I do not think that is what the lyrics are talking about but
still, I like to think the song is the anthem to people like myself XD.

Pappy

Reaction score
Seeing Iron Maiden play Dance Of Death outside on a clear summer night. Bruce said the line, "I was rambling, enjoying the bright moonlight Gazing up at the stars". I looked up and all i saw was stars. Perfect. That'll never be topped.

But other good ones
- Judas Priest rocking out to the end of Steeler complete with smoke and lasers.
- Rob Halford singing Victim Of Changes
- Seeing the solo to Freebird
- Ectasy of Gold into the heartbeat Intro of That Was Just Your Life at a Metallica gig

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online