Best Judas Priest album?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
In my packing over the past few days, I've listened to about half of Judas Priest's albums. I think that I will stick with my original vote from my first post, which was Screaming For Vengeance.

I also have to say that I think their four most icon albums would be:
  • Screaming For Vengeance
  • British Steel
  • Sad Wings of Destiny
  • Painkiller
Each one of those albums brought something to new or different to the table. They each borrowed a little bit from the album(s) that came before them, but they really took their music and songwriting to a different level on each of these. I'm not even saying that these are my 4 favorites (although they are all easily top 8), but I think that they are all very impactful both in the JP repertoire as well as hard rock/metal in general.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
My favorite too..

I know a lot of fans prefer "Screaming For Vengeance" and while I've heard that album as well I can't help but feel that "British Steel" is overall the better and definitely the more enjoyable album for me. There is a more fun and dare I say it commercial element to many of the tracks here but if given a choice between the two I feel I'd much rather listen to this album for my occasional metal fix. I like all the tracks a lot and not just the popular "Breaking the Law" and "Living After Midnight" as tracks like "Steeler", "Grinder" and "United" are also strong and overall this album has a nice flow about it.

Can't forget about The Rage. Starting out a metal track with a reggae feel? Who the hell does that? I'll tell you who, Judas MF'ing Priest, that's who! :bow:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't forget about The Rage. Starting out a metal track with a reggae feel? Who the hell does that? I'll tell you who, Judas MF'ing Priest, that's who! :bow:
That's actually my favourite on British Steel. Most experimental track and they pulled it off perfectly.

E-Z

Reaction score
This thread has re-awakened my interest in the band and I have dugout some of my old Judas Priest cds and have re-listened to them over the last few days and thoroughly enjoyed them. My favourite Judas Priest single is the obscure Take On The World even though it is dominated by Les Binks drumming mainly because I remember seeing the band performing this song on TOTP on BBC television back in 1979/80 when British heavy metal was enjoying a renaissance and I thought that KK Downing looked the coolest guy in the band brandishing his Gibson flying V guitar and wearing black leather and with long blonde hair. There best album?. That is really hard because they're all really very good to listen to and they never released any duffers.

Personally speaking I prefer when KK Downing was in the band and the recordings that KK was on but that's not meant to take away anything from the subsequent incarnations of the band they're still a brilliant band to this day.

Just listening to the Judas Priest compilation cd THE CHOSEN FEW on Sony that features 17 tracks (1976-1990). :headbang

E-Z

Last edited:

Arkie

Reaction score
Along with all the Priest thats been mentioned in this thread^^^
Unleashed in the East was killer.
R-3938036-1349858537-8291.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: E-Z

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members