Best bass player who is also lead singer

billtjr51

Reaction score
I didn't know Glen Hughes was a lead singer.

I like
Greg Lake
Paul McCartney
Benjamin Orr

From Wikipedia

Glenn Hughes (born in Cannock, Staffordshire, England on August 21, 1951) is a bassist and vocalist well-known as the lead vocalist for Black Sabbath during the mid 1980s, as well as playing bass and performing vocals for the Mk. III & IV line-ups of Deep Purple.
Hughes fronted Finders Keepers in the 1960s as bassist/vocalist, as well as the British funk rock band Trapeze. Hughes then went on to serve as bassist/vocalist for Deep Purple between 1973 and 1976, embarking on a solo career following his departure from the group.

From Me,
He also was lead vocalist for the group Trapeze before he went to Deep Purple. I had the albums: "You are the music we're just the band", and "Medusa".

APageMark

Reaction score
My favorites would be, in no particular order:

Greg Lake
John Wetton
Paul McCartney
Phil Lynott
Geddy Lee (yeah, yeah...I know)

honorable mentions: sang lead on only a handful of songs:

John Entwistle
Bruce Foxton (The Jam)

edit: That Gordon Sumner fella's not bad, either.

Last edited:

billtjr51

Reaction score
My favorites would be, in no particular order:

Greg Lake
John Wetton
Paul McCartney
Phil Lynott
Geddy Lee (yeah, yeah...I know)

honorable mentions: sang lead on only a handful of songs:

John Entwistle
Bruce Foxton (The Jam)

edit: That Gordon Sumner fella's not bad, either.

John Entwistle had several solo albums. I loved "Smash your head against the wall".
" Geddy Lee (yeah, yeah...I know)" Hey, I think Getty Lee is an excellent bass player/singer.

APageMark

Reaction score
John Entwistle had several solo albums. I loved "Smash your head against the wall".
" Geddy Lee (yeah, yeah...I know)" Hey, I think Getty Lee is an excellent bass player/singer.

Yes, I knew about John's solo albums, I meant within the context of The Who. I should have specified that. Geddy is a phenomenal bassist but he's taken flack for his singing abilities. Mind you, I've never had a problem with his singing, even back in the days of "The Screech". :D But, unfortunately, a lot of folks couldn't get around Geddy's unique voice and tuned out Rush, which is a shame. Lots of great, great music from that band.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online