Best Australian Group

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Since we already had a Canadian music thread I figured with the large percent of Aussies in here it's be cool to have some of the best Australian artist named off. My pick would be

Silverchair
silverchair_wideweb__470x3052.jpg

I love how this group had two typical grunge albums and then developed something completely different and inspired afterward to completely reinvent themselves. Diorama is an excellent album with great dramatic orchestrated rock! Then they delved into more pop with their most recent offerings! I love these guys! Who are your picks?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well the first reply wasn't AC/DC so this is already more interesting than I thought! :heheh: Nothing against the group BTW but I'm curious to hear a wide range of what the land down under has to offer! :D

Well glad I could help. :heheh: Here are some probably the two best known songs by The Living End and The Red Paintings (they are two very different groups):

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Let's see, first band I heard from down under that I really like a lot..."Little River Band".

Next would be the quintessential band everyone knows..."ACDC".

But my favorite band is without doubt "Midnight Oil", although judging from the lack of interest in my thread for them I guess I am in the minority.

Have to add that Sal and Feldy have both introduced me to bands I never heard of before, but I don't know them well enough to rate them yet.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not including AC/DC....

Kings Of The Sun

Jimmy Barnes

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads