Behemoth (Official Thread)

Harkat

Reaction score
Behemoth
Behemoth.jpg

Behemoth is a Polish blackened death metal band from Gdańsk, formed in 1991. They are considered to have played an important role in establishing the Polish extreme metal underground, alongside bands such as Vader, Decapitated, Vesania and Hate.

Until the late 1990s, the band played a traditional black metal style with heathen lyrical content, but soon changed to that of occult and thelemic themes written by their lead vocalist Nergal and Krzysztof Azarewicz. With the 1999 release of Satanica, the band showed their presence in the blackened death metal scene, while retaining their own signature style characterized by the drum work of Inferno, multi-layered vocals and Nile-style Middle-Eastern influences. Regardless that Behemoth has been labeled as death metal, black metal or thrash-influenced, Nergal has mentioned that he does not like the band to be labeled.

Current Members:
Adam "Nergal" Darski – lead vocals, guitars, acoustic guitar, synthesizer, programming and bass guitar
Tomasz "Orion" Wróblewski – bass guitar, vocals
Zbigniew "Inferno" Promiński – drums and percussion
Patryk "Seth" Sztyber – guitars, backing vocals

Studio albums
Sventevith (Storming Near the Baltic) (1995)
Grom (1996)
Pandemonic Incantations (1998)
Satanica (1999)
Thelema.6 (2000)
Zos Kia Cultus (Here and Beyond) (2002)
Demigod (2005)
The Apostasy (2007)
Evangelion (2009)
The Satanist (2014)

EPs
And the Forests Dream Eternally (1993)
Bewitching the Pomerania (1997)
Antichristian Phenomenon (2001)
Conjuration (2003)
Slaves Shall Serve (2005)
Ezkaton (2008)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Behemoth

Nice OP Harkat, not a fan of this band though, you already know how I feel about most of the darker strain of metal bands.(Always up for ones with clean vocals though.;))

Harkat

Reaction score

LG, I am the same but I also feel that one needs variety.
I like to listen to a variety of music because there are so many ideas on how music should be played, ect

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Oh I agree variety adds so much to everything including music, but not when it comes to some of the metal sub-genres for me, I will never get into them and it's not for lack of patience either.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I love BEHEMOTH !!! I've seen them live with Morbid Angel and Krisiun .One of the greatest concerts I have ever witnessed.

Own all their CDs ,two of their DVDs ,and a concert shirt with the cover of Demi-God on the front ,

I'm into the whole Sumerian God mythology, beginning of modern mankind through DNA manipulation by Aliens/ Godz as put forth by Zecharia Sitchin (etc.) so their lyrical content just makes them that much more fun for me.

Thanks, you have inspired me to play some Behemoth for X~Mas...DVD collection here I come :D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

To be more accurate I should say I have all their CDs from Pandemonic Incantations to present and I also have a Booklet + CD collection of their early ( first 2 ) CDs with unreleased demos also included in the package.

Once again, AWESOME BAND \m/

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Not my kind of music, but I like the name and the album cover artwork.:grinthumb

153926.jpg

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

600px-behemoth_demigod.jpeg

This is my favorite Behemoth CD cover ^^

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^The covers leave no doubt you are in for some serious listening material...:D