Beardfish

Mr. Flee

Reaction score
since there's not yet a thread about this great band from sweden i thought it would be interesting to share this band(allthough most proggers are already familiar with these guys)with the proggers here on crf.
this year their 6th album "mammoth" came out on the inside out label...the're sounding very 70's with lots of hammond...tempo changes,etc
specially people who like gentle giant should check this band out !!
my favorite album is sleeping in traffic part one....

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
re: The Official Beardfish Thread

7715-beardfish-sleeping-traffic-part-one.jpg

I was really quite impressed with Beardfish when I played "Sleeping in Traffic, Part One" the first time.

I picked up Mammoth recently, but haven't played it more than once.

Another top notch band from Scandinavia, a hotbed for great new rock and metal bands.:D

Mr. Flee

Reaction score
Re: The Official Beardfish Thread

7715-beardfish-sleeping-traffic-part-one.jpg

I was really quite impressed with Beardfish when I played "Sleeping in Traffic, Part One" the first time.

I picked up Mammoth recently, but haven't played it more than once.

Another top notch band from Scandinavia, a hotbed for great new rock and metal bands.:D
that was also my introduction to this band....shortly followed by a stunning live performance in a small venue in holland....they blew me away with their enthousiasm and musical skill !

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Official Beardfish Thread

^^I am glad to hear they were good live, a young friend from Sweden told me about them over 3 years ago, I picked up the album I mentioned but then lost track of them until recently.

I think I'll play both my Beardfish albums later today.:hab:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
:bump:

I've been listening to Destined Solitaire a lot lately and I'm really enjoying it! The first half of the album is especially strong, all the building and crashing melodies give it an epic rock opera feel. The guitar riffs are heavy and the solos are blinding. The range, emotion and energy of the vocals is incredible. Everything is over the top and I love it, even the lyrics are almost comically grandiose at times.

These are the first 4 songs :D

Just one of many of my favourite little moments was in that last song, "I looked into the eyes of the madman, and I saw, and I saw, and I SAW MYSEEEEEEELF!"

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
I`d said this band won`t have many fans here and sadly I`m right are well there lose!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online