Be-Bop Deluxe
BeBopDeluxe.jpg

Wiki Link

Axe Victim (1974)
Futurama (1975)
Sunburst Finish (1976)
Modern Music (September 3, 1976)
Drastic Plastic (1978)

Not sure if they belong here or in the 70's section but they were concidered a progressive rock band in their day. Anyway the band kicked off in Wakefield Yorkshire and drew influence from the likes of David Bowie, King Crimson and Frank Zappa. Bill Nelson was the anchor and with oustanding guitar work pushed the band forward through various personnel shifts.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Quality band Sox ! got a few of their albums...BE BOP DELUXE were never heavy, but so melodic and refined. Superb guitar work by BILL NELSON. Songs like "axe victim" "sister seagull" etc still sound good after all these years...........goddam it Sox [ im....reachin out for sunburnt finish album........]

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have two of their albums...Sunburst Finish and Futurama.

I was going to get around to them one of these days, but procrastinating has paid off for me in this instance.:grinthumb

Putting them in the prog section is fine Sox, and thanks.:hab:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Nice band...you know it's funny. Nikki Sixx had mentioned in an interview that this was one of Mick Mars' favorite bands. (from Motley Crue)

rtbuck

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Be Bop Deluxe. I have Sunburst Finish,Axe Victim, Live in the Air Age, & Modern Music & my favorite is the Axe Victim album which was my first album by them. I bought it for the cover (which is one of my favorite covers) & because it was in the bargain bin at JC Penney's(back in the 70's when they sold records!)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Is JC Penney even around anymore Bucky?

I think Modern Music was the first album I heard by BBD, but it was so long ago it's hard to remember now.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^We had an entire department store disappear in the 90's, one of our own brand names too...Eaton's. They used to sell everything just like Simpson-Sears, but as specialized stores started popping up they couldn't compete anymore. I was sad to see them go I bought many records from them over the years.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Eaton's is GONE????????? That store was great. In my partying days in the 80's my friends & I would get rooms at the Sheraton on/near Yonge St. in Toronto & start at Eaton's in the mall (which I think was actually called the Eaton Center) & shop around there. Then we would go up & down Yonge St. stop at all the record shops & a few of the bars

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online