BauHaus ..The Birth Of Gothic Rock ?!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Scare the nieghbors it's fun lol...

mine are all rap fans ! We crank out The Ramones to get back at all the crap lol

wow yeah...Alice Cooper is seriously did some ground work in gothic elements
Black Sabbath had the dark doom thing pretty well carved out/maybe some Blue Oyster Cult throw in for good measure...

nice tune Lou...creepy lol

Kink Floyd

Reaction score
Origins of goth??....i guess you could mention the horror shock of Alice Cooper,the early doom of Black Sabbath,etc.....there were even "dark"garage tracks in the 60s eg jack the ripper etc

Oh Yes, Alice Cooper, Good call.

Scare the nieghbors it's fun lol...

mine are all rap fans ! We crank out The Ramones to get back at all the crap lol

wow yeah...Alice Cooper is seriously did some ground work in gothic elements
Black Sabbath had the dark doom thing pretty well carved out/maybe some Blue Oyster Cult throw in for good measure...

nice tune Lou...creepy lol

Haha, My Neighbors play their Hip Hop and Urban music too and pretty loud. So I've been playin my Cream to get back at them :)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Just a reminder that BAUHAUS were a ENGLISH gothic rock band with a very "arty"German name.....they werent the only britgoth band to do so,there was also a band named AUSGANG.the german for exit[ I think]
oops Astrid !! singer Pete Murphy wasnt involved with LOVE AND ROCKETS it was Daniel Ash who switched to vocals.The song "so alive" was a big hit Stateside while the band never made the impact as BAUHAUS over here in the U.K. LOVE AND ROCKETS have since disbanded. Pete Murphy released some solo albums after his departure from BAUHAUS and is still going strong.:grinthumb
This song was a massive hit in the U.K when the gothic scene was at its peak

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

KINK: Yeah I THINK my neighbors will be deaf within a few years listening to the urban/rap *****.

they called the cops on my other nieghbors because they were blasting The Who last summer !:wtf: Lol

Lou: yeah Love And Rockets WAS Daniel Ash and the others besides Peter Murphy who went solo ?Did I state it wrong up there? lol

I was reading some updates on them last night lol

And I was remembering the one big hit Ash had with them..SOO alive..he had a nice voice and of course theres his playing..:) He still had that Rooster spiked hair then uber cool ! I remember the guy friend who got me into BauHaus spent ages gelling his hair like that lol...so 80's !

Thats a great song Lou..don't think I've heard it

thanks for you information..I didn't know about the German names/gothic thing !
I do know that BauHaus was a type art..because i remember looking it up in dictionary then (not much internet then lol)

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
This song made it ALL the way to #3 in usa charts

Ps Peter Murphy is making a cameo appearance as THE COLD ONE in the 3rd installment of The Twilight movie saga, Eclipse !

My sons way into them so at least when i'm forced to see it i can look for him :heheh:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
That was a terrific achievement by LOVE AND ROCKETS! Considering it only made no 79 in the UK . Great song too! I will have to dust off and play my collection they were a great band!
Another BAUHAUS project I forgot to mention were DALIS CAR....who were Peter Murphy on vocals and Mick Karn of JAPAN on fretless bass.....they made just one album....great stuff!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
That was a terrific achievement by LOVE AND ROCKETS! Considering it only made no 79 in the UK . Great song too! I will have to dust off and play my collection they were a great band!
Another BAUHAUS project I forgot to mention were DALIS CAR....who were Peter Murphy on vocals and Mick Karn of JAPAN on fretless bass.....they made just one album....great stuff!

Yeah ,this band always (Bauhaus) reminds me of that industrial dark iron curtain time of 80's Europe...it was really an interesting time

thats awesome that Japan..very DOOR-ish keyboards too!
I never heard of a fretless bass ?
That what THOSE are called...cool!

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Just a reminder that BAUHAUS were a ENGLISH gothic rock band with a very "arty"German name.....they werent the only britgoth band to do so,there was also a band named AUSGANG.the german for exit[ I think]
oops Astrid !! singer Pete Murphy wasnt involved with LOVE AND ROCKETS it was Daniel Ash who switched to vocals.The song "so alive" was a big hit Stateside while the band never made the impact as BAUHAUS over here in the U.K. LOVE AND ROCKETS have since disbanded. Pete Murphy released some solo albums after his departure from BAUHAUS and is still going strong.:grinthumb
This song was a massive hit in the U.K when the gothic scene was at its peak

Thanks for pointing out my flub ,Re: Peter Murphy NOT one of the Love And Rocket's /it was Ash....I did KNOW this :bonk:But I must have had a blonde moment when I typed that part ! Ha !

I fixed that ...thats embrassing lol :blush: It sucks getting old...:heheh:

Last edited:

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Heres's a clip with Peter Murphy discussing Gothic Rock.it's origins and what he was trying to create in BauHaus :grinthumb

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Heres a classic Peter Murphy at his best....still looking and sounding good.:)..ok hes lost the dark gothic sound of his earlier recordings.....I must get more of his solo albums

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online