Barbra Streisand: Guilty (album)

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Barbra-streisand-guilty-album.jpg

I'm just wondering how everyone feels about this album.

I'm not really a fan of her stuff although I absolutley love this album.

This album was written mostly by the master Barry Gibb and he was part of the production team.

Promises and Make It Like A Memory are probably my favourite tracks.

I appologize. A couple of these aren't the greatest uploads.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Barbra Streisand: Guilty

Put the cover in for you Runningshoes....not a big fan of Streisand's but can't deny her talent and success. I would be playing some of my classical generally instead of this kind of album...but that's just me.:D

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I don't have the album as a whole, but do have a couple of the singles off of it. I'm a huge fan of Barry Gibb (and the stuff the Bee Gee's did in the 70's). Not just what they performed but also other songs that they wrote for others. If I'm not mistaken, this entire album was written or co-written by Barry Gibb.

My favorite song is Woman In Love, by far. Probably my favorite Babs tune ever.

[GROOVESHARK]25061227[/GROOVESHARK]

A couple others I do know I have are the title track and What Kind of Fool

[GROOVESHARK]25061233[/GROOVESHARK]

[GROOVESHARK]25061234[/GROOVESHARK]

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Yeah it's a pretty good album....my favorite from her would be the Star Is Born soundtrack with Kris Kristofferson.

%5B4034-1%5DA%20Star%20Is%20Born%20Cover.gif

Superman was good too...came out during that same time.

l5005.jpg

But these are from the 70's.

ANF

Reaction score

I guess being gay I'm obligated to at least like some Streisand :lol:

Of the studio albums I've heard, this is by far the one I liked best. I enjoy Gibb's work and this is a phenomenal batch of songs. They did a reunion album a couple years back (Guilty Pleasure) but it wasn't as good.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I'm going to get a hold of this album and will give my review once I give it a good listening to. Haven't listened to Streisand for the longest time.

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score

I'm with Prime - it has been too long so I need to listen to the album, but I'll start with your posts when I get home.

I considered her more of a superstar as an actor, and I do like her work and appreciate her talent in that area, for the most part.

MP, I have to agree that the Star is Born soundtrack is tremendous. I really didn't have any idea that Gibb did so much with her and so much writing for others. Which is, of course, why I am here - to learn!! :oyea:

Lynch, like you I have always enjoyed Gibb, though it seems that I may have missed much of his work by not realizing it was his! And the Bee Gees - yes, ITA.

ANF - no obligations at CRF - at least none that I've seen in my whole month here!! :heheh:

Looking forward to going back in time when I get home from work :)

ANF

Reaction score

One thing that is nice about Guilty is that its a solid album start to finish. A lot of the Streisand albums I've heard are very spotty except for the singles. Yet here, songs like The Love Inside (almost new agey for her), Never Give Up and the epic closer Make It Like A Memory are just as good as Woman In Love IMO.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online