Bands that suck at performing live

rtbuck

Reaction score
I agree on Aerosmith out of the 3 times I seen them the only time they were decent was in 1978 when AC/DC opened for them. I never seen or heard AC/DC & actually they almost blew Aerosmith away that night but Aerosmith did put on a decent show that night.

I also have to say the 2 times I seen Faster Pussycat (once opening for Alice Cooper & once opening for Kiss) they were awful which really disappointed me because I was always a fan of them

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
I know my Southern Brothers and Sister think of that song like a alma mater but dam..... That song oozes Hickness to me..:lmao:

I've been looking for a way to explain why I always feel like throwing up when I hear that song, and you've just done it. Fantastic.

Hickness/redneck likeness just makes me want to grab a bucket and retch.

Zombeels

Reaction score
I've seen Modest Mouse live 3 different times and they sucked every time.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I saw Poison live around 2000 when they were touring for the Power to the People cd. They were horrendous and half the audience cleared out during their set. That night, Poison headlined after three other bands, all of whom outperformed them (Slaughter, Dokken & Cinderella).

About a year later, I saw Vince Neil with his solo band. He sounded terrible and although it wasn't Motley Crue's rhythm section he was playing with, that concert put me off from EVER paying to see Motley Crue live. Lousy show, and as was the case with Poison above, Vince Neil was the headliner for that concert and was outperformed by all three bands who hit the stage before him (Britny Fox, Slaughter & Stephen Pearcy). Vince showed up drunk and high, was out of tune the whole show and disappeared to the back mid-song at least a couple of times during the set for no discernible reason.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Early Motorhead were pretty bad (grungy sound). So too were The Enid (tedious and insulting to the audience). Ian Dury also seemed contemptuous of his audience. No Dice were too close a copy of the Rolling Stones. Boomtown Rats copied Dr Feelgood, badly. Mott started out as a great live band and became the exact opposite.

One of my favourite lives bands were The George Hatcher Band, for sheer hard work. On record, they weren't so good.

Oh, gcczep, Roxy Music copied their albums so closely, you might as well have stayed at home and listened to the records.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online