Bands/Musicians you are surprised are not in the Rock + Roll Hall of Fame?

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, my ass!

Yes, I am inclined to agree with you :wtf: It's a bit like those lists of 50 best guitarists or 50 most popular bands you read about now and again ....................... who thinks up that rubbish? It's like there is some old geezer sitting in an office with nothing better to do with himself than to produce lists of who he thinks is best - never mind what anybody else thinks :banghead:

kaientai

Reaction score
Ok..... love this thread. Agreed with an earlier post about how it is a very politicized site. A damn fun place to visit (went last year) but you can't help but go there and look at who is in and shake your head and who is out and shake your head in disbelief even harder. I stumbled across this one site that ranks all the bands that are not in. Like many lists it is a little bit different (Love their #2, 3 and 4 choice, but i am trying to wrap my head around their number #1 choice), but damn the people who aren't in are mind numbing.
Not In Hall of Fame - News

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is some list Kaientai, any HOF without Jethro Tull and Rush among others is not representative of the True contributions to rock music period. I like Kraftwerk myself, and I understand the reasoning they used to pick them number one, but I couldn't put them ahead of at least 6 of the other bands in the top 12.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
#127- Mott The Hoople

I don't see Mott making it into the Hall of Fame (though I really really wish it) but could you image how much that'd piss people off. :heheh:

The same thing for Meat Loaf at #131.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think it has to do with Label/Media politics as much as anything else Cosmic. Damn it all,,,Jethro Tull has sold over 60 Million albums,,,there has to be Something going on there worth noticing, not to mention the awesome musicianship for 40 years now. I can't take this HOF seriously it is worse than any of the big sports HOF by a light year.:nw:

kaientai

Reaction score
Kind of liked the list too. Had to join and post some votes. Yes to quite a few of them.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
It is a good idea,,,I will think about signing up myself just to push Tull, Rush and Priest.

Thanks for the link.:tup:

kaientai

Reaction score
Agreed, Grendel it is hard to take the Hall seriously with some of the omissions.

Voted yes for Tull, Alice and Purple. Probably more later.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Crap I missed Deep Purple not being in,,,Hells Bells their late 60's and 70's albums are enough to get them in...:wtf:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online