Bands/Musicians you are surprised are not in the Rock + Roll Hall of Fame?

F

FoxyPage

Ozzy made it in with Black Sabbath but I'm amazed he isn't in there as a solo artist.

CAN'T BELIEVE DEF LEPPARD ARE NOT IN.

kaientai

Reaction score
Got me thinking whether I will vote yes for Ozzy..... Just kidding.... kind of have to....it was my first concert at age 12........ damn where did the time go?

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
i stopped caring awhile ago. although im surprised that there are others that still do care.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think it is a good thing TL, to have a site dedicated to fans who feel their bands do deserve respect, and they are getting it at the grassroots level. I do have to agree about the HOF being almost irrelevant though, it's like they are too Elite for their own good and do not reflect the reality of the bands deserving of a place.

kaientai

Reaction score
TL, I hear what you are saying. I find that i don't want to care.....but i do. Or maybe it is with some kind of morbid curiosity that i find a list like that fascinating. Either way, it isn't like sports where the band needs some type of Hall of Fame validation to put the final chapter on the career as many of those are still performing and are making good music. I can give you lots of reasons why it shouldn't matter to me that a lot of good bands aren't validated by an institution that was basically started by Rock critics and not necessarily the record buying public, yet here i am finding hope that some of my faves will have that mass validation. Silly, but true.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
i mean i think there's a ton of bands who deserve to get in. but in the end its just an organization decided by the critics? and since when did anyone who matters care about what the critics say and think?

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
It's surprising that they're not yet in the R+R HOF considering how influential they are:

Chicago
Kiss
Joan Jett -> When you think of female rockers in history, Joan Jett is one of those names.
Heart

I'll add Suzi Quatro

and Pat Benatar to my list.

Last edited:

FretBuzz

Monkey Man
Reaction score
Nirvana, GNR, iggy pop, and les claypool

Iggy's old band the Stooges made it in a year or two ago.

Here's a few more that I think should be in there:

The Zombies
The Small Faces
The Faces
Johnny Rivers

ANd why the heck hasn't Nicky Hopkins been voted in, in the 'sidemen' category yet? He played piano on a lot of the Rolling Stone's best records, for the Beatles (Revolution, plus many of the their later solo albums), Led Zeppelin (Rock'n'Roll), the Who (1st album, Who's Next, etc.), the Kinks, the Jeff Beck Group, Donovan, Jerry Garcia, and others. It's CRAZY that he's not in the hall of fame yet!

BeatlesFan

Reaction score
Iggy's old band the Stooges made it in a year or two ago.

Here's a few more that I think should be in there:

The Zombies
The Small Faces
The Faces
Johnny Rivers

ANd why the heck hasn't Nicky Hopkins been voted in, in the 'sidemen' category yet? He played piano on a lot of the Rolling Stone's best records, for the Beatles (Revolution, plus many of the their later solo albums), Led Zeppelin (Rock'n'Roll), the Who (1st album, Who's Next, etc.), the Kinks, the Jeff Beck Group, Donovan, Jerry Garcia, and others. It's CRAZY that he's not in the hall of fame yet!

The Zombies aren't in the R+R HOF??!:wtf:

I'll add them to my list as well.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online