Badlands (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Badlands_-_Badlands-%5BFront%5D.jpg

Badlands was a short-lived rock band founded by former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Jake E. Lee and former Black Sabbath members Ray Gillen and Eric Singer. Badlands also featured bassist Greg Chaisson. After the first Badlands album, Eric Singer was replaced by Jeff Martin. The group lasted from 1988 to 1993 and released two albums, Badlands (1989) and Voodoo Highway (1991) before Gillen left and was replaced by singer John West from New York. Ray's death in 1993 effectively ended any hopes of re-uniting the project. The album Dusk (originally recorded in 1992 - 1993) was posthumously released in 1998.

I loved this band, first track, "Live Wire" on the first album had a sort of Zep feel, great band, first album the best by a country mile.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Re: Badlands

Should have been so much more, there are a lot of Milli Vanilli fans out there (sorry to lower the tone) who do not appreciate good tunes.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I played the hell out of the debut and pretty much the same with the second - both albums have some terrific stuff on them. Never got into Dusk though.

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score

Loved them...

Jake E is just the very best.. great guy.. great player..

Ray had the pipes.. very sad losing him so early..RIP

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.

Badlands are bad-ass!

I love 'em! I'm a big Jake E. Lee fan, very talented guitarist... I love his hard rocking, bluesy, groove which is at the same time very unique. I saw jake a couple times with Ozzy, Jake had a great stage presence. Ray Gillen indeed had a powerful set of pipes--top notch vocalist (tragic loss). Very underrated band. Lee/Gillen right up there with Page/Plant IMO

Last edited:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

GREAT GREAT BAND! Jake's guitar work mixed with Ray's vocals shoulda/coulda/woulda been a winning combo for years to come. Their debut album is awesome from start to finish.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online