Bad Company ~ Brian Howe Era

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
brian_howe_t670.jpeg

Just a thread to see what anybody has to say about when Brian Howe replaced Paul Rogers as lead vocals of Bad Company..

In 1986, fellow British musicians Mick Ralphs and Simon Kirke re-formed their band, Bad Company after a four-year hiatus, but original frontman Paul Rodgers was engaged with a new supergroup called The Firm, so the remaining two members hired Howe as the new lead singer, along with Greg Dechert on keyboards and Steve Price on bass. Howe’s vocal style brought more of a pop-rock sound to the band, as opposed to Rodgers’ bluesier approach. The band hired Foreigner producer Keith Olsen to produce the new lineup’s initial album, 1986’s Fame and Fortune. The band also switched labels to Atco Records.
41GDJ7BAJXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In 1988 they cut their next studio album "Dangerous Age"..
515loDgBCSL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In 1990 their third album "Holy Water"..
411YSwHlSnL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

And final studio album cut in 1992"Here Comes Trouble"....
4184YX953QL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I had the chance to catch them at a small ampitheater in Alabama with Molly Hatchet.. It was the first time I had seen Bad Company period..
Being a fan of Free and the Paul Rogers era of Bad Company.. I thought Brian did a pretty good job with the 'new " material the band was putting out!!

Anybody want to comment on what they thought of Bad Company during the Brian Howe day's???
Some tunes from the band..

Fever

Reaction score
Re: Bad Company~ Brian Howe Era

I have all those cds and thought they were pretty good,especially the last two.I saw this version of Bad Company on a tour with Damn Yankees.Terry Thomas co-wrote almost every song on these albums and was also a backing musician

I don't agree with Brian Howe going out on tour and doing the early Bad Company songs.Play the songs you were responsible but don't go out playing the early hits.Of course you will have the fans who won't know any different(which is sad).

Last edited:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Thanks Fever for the input.. I have three out of the four released.. Havn't bought the last one yet.. But I'll pull them out for a listen once in awhile..
They did do a few Old Bad Company tunes.. I think Feel like making love and a couple of others..
I just remember Brian hitting on my wife when she asked him for his autograph.. The guy was looking for some Southern fun after the show.. Looking real hard!!:heheh:

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

Good singer in the Lou Gramm vein. His solo album released last year, Circus Bar, is quite good, well worth a spin.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Good singer in the Lou Gramm vein. His solo album released last year, Circus Bar, is quite good, well worth a spin.

Sounds cool Rock.. I kinda think he fits into the Richard Marx vein but I'll check to see about this solo album your talking about.. Thanks..:cheers2

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

Sounds cool Rock.. I kinda think he fits into the Richard Marx vein but I'll check to see about this solo album your talking about.. Thanks..:cheers2

Good call on the Marx comparison (Hadn't really picked up on that, myself), they both very much have that smooth polished feel going on.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I have all but Here Comes Trouble. Bad Co during the Howe era was really good if you ask me. They weren't the same Bad Co from the 70's, but that didn't mean they sucked by any means.

Holy Water was probably my favorite of the first 3. I saw them on that tour opening up for Damn Yankees at an outdoor show. We couldn't hear Mick's guitar until about 3/4 of the way through the show when suddenly the retarded soundboard guy realized that NO ONE could hear the damn guitar. It was so disappointing.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online