Back in Black best hard rock album ever ?

Bryter Later

Reaction score
:wtf: Wow !! I did'nt know it had sold that many copies. It is a great album,and a fine tribute to the late Bonn Scott. Any one know how the sales of this album compare to likes of 'Rumours' or 'Dark Side of the Moon' ?

:cheers2 Bryter

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
:wtf: Wow !! I did'nt know it had sold that many copies. It is a great album,and a fine tribute to the late Bonn Scott. Any one know how the sales of this album compare to likes of 'Rumours' or 'Dark Side of the Moon' ?

:cheers2 Bryter

If my memory serves me right "Rumors" is somewhere around 40 million and "Dark Side..." is around 44 million alongside "Bat Out Of Hell".

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I must ask what happened to this. I would kill for record sales figures, they must exist somewhere in billboards records or something, I just can never find them

To see all the sales figures you want for any album in existence on demand, it requires paying fees to companies like Billboard, RIAA, Soundscan, etc. Unless you have some creative workarounds.

I was once in a position where I had login access to pretty much anything I wanted, because I was working somewhere or for someone who was paying the fees to the right companies and it was just a matter of heading to a web site and logging in to an account.

I had access to RIAA gold/platinum figures & also SoundScan data, which are two different things.

SoundScan was freaking cool because you could look at how an album was doing week to week.

AC/DC released Ballbreaker in 1995, right?

If I ever got a notion in my head at 2:37 in the morning to go online and see how many copies Ballbreaker sold strictly between August 3rd and August 9th of 2002, I was able to scratch that itch.

What happened to that? My station ran out of "disposable" money. Pretty cut-and-dry.

Reaction score
The best Hard Rock album is ZZ Top's Tres Hombres. It may only be Gold while Black In Black is 22x Platinum, I still find it better.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Not even close to being the best Hard Rock album ever. I mean, when you say hard rock you are including Zeppelin, Hendrix, Rush, etc etc. Not even close. AC/DC without Bon Scott has always been a let down to me.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is up with the best in my opinion but as for THE best? Not even close. Over rated a little if anything.
I prefer Flick of the Switch and that didn't sell particularly well like it should have.

ANTHEM

Reaction score
flick of the switch blows it and for those about to rock away imho. I would say flick of the switch is about even with highway to hell for a johnson album.

gorgon

Reaction score
<------ Anything with that guy > Brian Johnson era AC/DC.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online