Baby Animals (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

270970-baby-animals-band.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_Animals

Baby Animals are a really good Aussie rock band from the 90s. I'd say from my listening it has riffs that remind me of Divinyls, tinges of AC/DC and the vocals certainly remind me of a mix of the charisma of Chrissy Amphlett and the vocal sound of Joan Jett. With only four albums out I think more people should listen to this band. Australia have been a huge impact on rock n roll music. Also remind me a lot of the Black Crowes with some of the blues hooks. I enjoy their melodic rock tunes also with a simple groove to them.

Studio Albums
Baby Animals (1991)
Shaved and Dangerous (1993)
Il Grande Silenzio (2008)
This Is Not The End (2013)

Band Members
Suze DeMarchi - vocals
Dave Leslie - guitars
Mick Skelton - drums, percussion
Dario Bortolin - bass

Rush You

Be My Friend

Ain't Gonna Get

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
I flipped over this band when I discovered them on VH-1 or Mtv (whatever...)
Rushed out that night and bought the debut on cassette. After wearing it out, I re-bought it on CD.

I was drawn to Suze's deeper, husky-ish voice (in a "Joan Jett" way) and the riffs in the songs.

I do remember avoiding telling people the name of the band, as they would just laugh and not take them seriously.
In Australia, it may have sounded normal, but here in the US back then, as now, I think people were more interested in what their friends thought
than they were in discovering something good on their own.

"Painless" is the video I saw. I literally wore this cassette out. I can't list my favs, as there is only one song I don't care for,
but "Early Warning" does get the most plays.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah my sister and brother got me onto this band. Love that swing they have like good rock bands need to have in their music. I do like their softer songs though too.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I didn't know they had reformed. I really like all their 90's songs and I've mentioned them a few times in my journal.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't know they had reformed. I really like all their 90's songs and I've mentioned them a few times in my journal.

Suze Demarchi also has a good solo album entitled Home. Worth checking out.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online