AXE (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
axe.jpg

OK remember these guys?? NO?? Ok maybe this song will ring a bell...

Rock And Roll Party In The Streets!

Wikipedia Page

Axe (1979)
Living on the Edge (1980)
Offering (1982)
Nemesis (1983)
V (1997)
20 Years From Home (1997)
20 Years From Home Volume II (1998)
The Crown (2001)
Live In America 1981 (2001)

To me these guys were a cross between Metal and AOR...but aside from the more poppier sounds they offered, the metal community more or less embraced these guys and they really had some killer material. So let's see if there are more fans here or turn some of ya on to a band you may have overlooked.

You'll read that guitarist Michael Osbourne was killed in a car accident which injured singer Bobby Barth and pretty much halted the band after their 4th album in 1984. At that time Barth would replace Ken Hensley in Blackfoot. Barth also worked with ex- Rose Tatoo singer Angry Anderson. (The Rose Tatoo thread helped inspire this one)

So turn it up and enjoy AXE!!!

Silent Soilders

Battles (from 1979)

f633c060ada083ff872ef110.L.jpg

AXE.jpg

runtfan

Reaction score
Ha! That's funny...we opened for them at a big outdoor concert in San Antonio a few years ago. We hung out with them after the show at the pool at our motel. They had a grill and were cooking hot dogs so we ate and drank beer with them for a while. Before that show I didn't really know anything about them.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
AXE ....Great to see them have their own thread :cheers2. I have got a couple of their albums and always thought they were pretty good rockin releases :think:. Hmmm.....I never did get a copy of their debut album which I always wanted in my collection
Bobby Barth did wonders with BLACKFOOT, a very talented guy,and I agree the cover to " I got the fire " was ripping !!:grinthumb

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Offering was a fantastic album. Lovedd every tune on it. Of course, RnR Party in the Street was almost worthy of being a weekend RnR "anthem" and I still love it to this day.

I remember a few yrs ago, there was a discussion on another site I used to frequent where Bobby Barth came on to address one of the things I personally happened to be complaining about at the time, which was the re-release (actually a re-recording) of a bunch of their catalog. I think it was for a Greatest Hits album or something like that. For the most part, I've never been a fan of bands doing this. He did shed some light on it though and said that the reason was because they no longer owned the rights to the songs/music and in order to release anything old, they'd have to re-record it. (I think that was the story).

No clue if it was ~really~ Bobby or a poser and no clue if that's 100% true or not, but it did shed some light on another side of the story when it comes to band re-recording stuff. I didn't care for the re-recorded versions of the old tunes but they weren't bad, just not as good.

I would LOVE to get my grubby paws on a copy of Offering on CD (original release or even better a remastered version if such a thing exists).

My 2nd favorite song on that album was Steal Another Fantasy... and for the life of me, I've never been able to find this one song on Youtube anywhere. There is a band called Cita that recorded it and it's not a bad version. I'll look that up and post it (silly vid though cuz there's a bunch of phone/operator chatter in the beginning).

Anyway, here is Steal Another Fantasy from a .ru site. I've listened to it, seem legit (ie: virus/malware-free).

AXE - Steal Another Fantasy 1982 ::

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
ooh, I never thought about that. Wonder if it's the original release?

$8.31 if I bought the mp3s directly off of Amazon.com and then I can do with them what I want. (interesting prospect). So, now I have to ask, has anyone ever bought mp3s off of amazon.com? If so, are they worth a crap? what's the bitrate, etc?

(maybe I should ask that in a bigger forum/thread)

Thanks man!

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Battles is still my favorite from them. They have quite a rabid following in San Antonio. I need to pick up some of their later recordings.

I lucked out finding their debut album on vinyl a while back at a half price book store. Beware similar European CD's of the album which are re-recordings.

033.jpg

as an example:

original recording...

Reduex:

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad