Awesome Deep Purple cover

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah the first Deep Purple Mk1 album from 1968 is quite a good listen and even Blackmore from memory actually plays some wha-wha guitar on a few numbers I recall?.

Another Swedish guy took a lot from Blackmore one Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Thanks E-Z, Yngwie ..a great axeman indeed.
My Shades album is the heavy Tetragrammaton label copy..loud as hell.
Weird seeing Ritchie Blackmore with a strange guitar.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Thanks E-Z, Yngwie ..a great axeman indeed.
My Shades album is the heavy Tetragrammaton label copy..loud as hell.
Weird seeing Ritchie Blackmore with a strange guitar.
Yeah the US Tetragrammaton label ultimately went bust apparently they was spending money like there was no tomorrow. I believe from memory a early number of the London Albert Hall gig from 1969 were released on the Tetragrammaton label before they went bust and then EMI stepped in and released the record on possibly there subsidiary 'progressive rock' imprint Harvest BUT I am not totally certain about this??.

Yeah 'Blackers' use to play a Gibson 335 in 1968-69 instead of his more associated Stratocaster from 1970 onwards.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Yes..i have a good few on the green & yellow Harvest label.
Deep Purple, Who Do We Think We Are, Fireball and Philharmonic...when did the Purple label come out?.i recall paying over the odds for Purple Passages from the famous Virgin Record Shop in Nottm.
( Sex Pistols court case.)
BTW..Ian Paice lived and born just down the road apiece from my gaff.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
I think the Purple records label was started around 1972 and Deep Purple's Machine Head album was there first studio album that was released on Purple records also the label was home to a small number of other bands and artists. I believe the Dr.Who BBC television theme music single was released on Purple records BUT I am not totally sure if it was but I think it was?.

DanO

Reaction score
Love this band. Saw them live on the Perfect Strangers tour in 1985 in Rochester, N.Y. Was general admission so got there early, about 3:00 in the afternoon, hours before the crowd began to form around us camped out at the doors. Among the first ones in and raced to the floor, right in front of the stage. Was litterally feet away from the band. Awesome show.

E-Z

Reaction score
I would say that they were all at there absolute peak as musicians during the 1980s after there early/mid 1970s heyday.

Blackmore's playing was at a peak as well during the whole of the 1960s first with Rainbow and then with the reformed 1980s Deep Purple.

Personally I thought Blackmore looked great as well during the mid 1980s with slightly shorter hair during the Perfect Strangers & House Of Blue Light eras and he still had a slim figure.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online