Register to remove these ads

Avengers 4 - Finally an official title and official trailer

Discussion in 'Movies / Television' started by Lynch, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

upload_2018-12-7_11-58-39.png

Trickster and Sharp Dressed Man like this.
  2. Trickster

Trickster Senior Member

Looks good!!

Lynch likes this.
  3. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. Curious how they plan on wrapping up this storyline and see how close they stick with the original story from the comics. They've already taken quite a few liberties from that story, so I'd expect more of the same. The good thing is, Marvel/Disney studios does a VERY good job of rewriting a story and still making it very entertaining.

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.
  4. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

I also like what they've done with the graphic on the logos over the years

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

So, I just pre-purchased tix for my son and I for opening day, UltraDLX screen, dream lounger seating. Going to make sure we're comfortable for this 3 hour long movie.

9 Days to go! :woho:

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.
  6. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

Booked my ticket for Wednesday at 2 p.m. local time. Normally new movies start on Thursday, but because the Greek Orthodox Easter is NEXT weekend, the movie starts on Wednesday. :woho:

Lynch likes this.
  7. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

I read through a little bit of Kevin Smith's comments after he got out of the premier. Something about how absolutely amazing the movie is and that it was everything he could hope for. Something about bringing a bunch of tissues with you.

I'm staying as far away from any/all speculation from this point forward. I have to see it on Friday because I can't evade spoilers for the entire weekend. 3 hours and 5 minutes.

8. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

by the way, the Russo brothers confirmed that Endgame is going to have the final Stan Lee cameo.

Tell you what, just thinking about that brings tears to my eyes, even in typing this out. We all knew this day would come, but with Stan being such a big part of my life for most of my life, it's going to be pretty surreal seeing the scene and knowing that we'll never get another one of those.

:uh:

[​IMG]

:wa

9. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

I believe Chris Evans said something along the same lines. Now, don't get me wrong, I get the emotions - I love the characters too, having grown up with the comics - but I just can't see myself crying over a superhero movie.

That's the main reason I'm happy that I get to see it early. Once the movie opens, you can expect some kind of spoiler from even the most unexpected places - everyone has to chip in, right? I have had the same approach to this, as I do with all movies that I know I will go see - I don't watch any trailers (unless forced upon my before some other movie at the cinema), I don't read ANYTHING about the movie leading up to the premiere and once the movie is officially playing, I will stay off all social media and news sites (not just movie sites) until I have seen it.

SanguineRemedy and Lynch like this.
  10. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

I never feel that way with super hero movies, although I will say that I did feel a bit of a tearjerker when Peter said those final words to Tony before dusting off. Even more so the second time that I saw the movie. Another one that got me was the end of Logan. With Wolverine being my all-time favorite comic book character, even though I knew what was coming, I still wasn't ready for it. Even watching the blu-ray the first couple of times, it still gets my eyes a bit leaky.

Now, I'm comfortable enough with my manliness to admit that when Han Solo bit it, I cried. Three times (each times I saw it in the theater). My all-time favorite movie character... any genre, taken out like that... that one ripped at me.

:uh:

Smart move. I'm seeing all sorts of things popping up on my phone regarding last-minute speculation for Avengers, and I have to close out my browsers and searches immediately. I'll go back and look at that stuff next week, but this week, eyes straight ahead, no looking to the sides. Gotta get through 3.5 more days. You are lucky to get to see it on Wed.

:cheers:

SanguineRemedy likes this.