Avenged Sevenfold (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
People talk about Nickelback getting too much hate but Avenged cop it far worse and the difference is Avenged actually makes not only tolerable music but for me pretty damn good music.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Stage off new album The Stage. I didn't even know they were making one but its out now and I ordered a copy.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
^^ Funny how they released a new album totally out of the blue! I'll probably grab a copy if I see it on the shelves at the local record store, but I'm in no hurry to get it. The last one really grew on me, but ultimately I have not revisited it for over a year. It's the same story with the two before that. For me the band peaked with "City of Evil" and nothing since that one has been really essential imo.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hard to argue that although I do make a case for the Nightmare album as being somewhat essential listening along with Sounding the Seventh Trumpet and City of Evil. I have to admit there's a good heaviness to the new album and elements reminding me a bit of the City of Evil era.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having listened right through I am mighty glad I bought it. This album is way better than Hail To The King and actually to me is their best since City of Evil with a lot more going on in this album. They seemed to have taken enough direction shifts to give great variety.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I gave the album a spin earlier today and I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I think the concept behind the album is interesting and although I wouldn't say that fans of "City Of Evil" will find this release surprising musically speaking, it does feel, as you said, a bit more varied and ambitious than the past 3 albums. It could very well be their best album since COE.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I gave the album a spin earlier today and I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. I think the concept behind the album is interesting and although I wouldn't say that fans of "City Of Evil" will find this release surprising musically speaking, it does feel, as you said, a bit more varied and ambitious than the past 3 albums. It could very well be their best album since COE.

Yeah that's a good way to sum it up. It's quite an excellent disc with a lot going for it.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dose a newly created tune. I am enjoying the darker tone.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online