Avenged Sevenfold (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Re: Avenged Sevenfold

I'd heard a couple of their songs on the rock radio channels I listen to and really like the singer's voice, so decided to get one of their albums. Ended up buying Nightmare and really like it on first listen and know it's one of those albums that with each new spin I'll like it even more :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

As much as I like and respect Mike Portnoy, I still am lukewarm at best when it comes to AX-7. Can't quite put my finger on it, other than when I want to listen to new metal, they are not near the top of my massive list.

But I also don't like a lot of the bashing the guitarist gets, which I think is patently unfair. Seems like any band with "core" attached to it suffers the same fate in many metal circles.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I'd heard a couple of their songs on the rock radio channels I listen to and really like the singer's voice, so decided to get one of their albums. Ended up buying Nightmare and really like it on first listen and know it's one of those albums that with each new spin I'll like it even more :grinthumb

Buried Alive is probably my favorite track off that album.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I listened to the Waking The Fallen album earlier today, and this song is just incredible:

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the opening song to the self titled album Critical Acclaim.

Keen to get back into Avenged Sevenfold. Have Nightmare, City of Evil and now recently the self titled album. Great band and I love that Portnoy is on drums(assuming he still is).

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Been listening to a bit of Hail to the King tonight and I really dig it. Loved the whole Nightmare album and have to give this one a full sit-down listen when I have the time to really pay attention to it.

The title track really reminds me of some mid to late 80's power metal. Having a hard time deciding if it sounds more like Euro power metal or American, but either way, it's a pretty cool track. It definitely takes me back 25 years or so. It probably doesn't have that same effect on anyone else, but I figured I'd mention it.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only issue this album has is that some songs do sound too much like something you would hear from other bands.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online