Discography
Sounding the Seventh Trumpet (2001)
Waking the Fallen (2003)
City of Evil (2005)
Avenged Sevenfold (2007)
Nightmare (2010)
Hail To The King (2013)
The Stage (2016)

With the recent passing of The Rev and Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater) filling in for the last album, "Nightmare" I thought it would be fitting to offer a thread for these guys from Huntington Beach, California.

The Rev was considered by some to be one of the greatest drummers in rock no mater what one may think of the music the band has made

Avenged-Sevenfold-13.jpg

Now let's face it...a guy like me? There are many more metal bands that I would rather listen to and mainly european...but I had these guys pegged all wrong back in the day.

Great riffs, cool arrangements, a bit of variety and styles...a little more to the band than what appears on the surface of things. They did start out with a metalcore sound and changed their sound about the third album in.

James "The Rev" Sullivan, died of heart disease as well as drug and alcohol back in 2009

The band has released 5 albums since 2001 and the fifth with Mike Portnoy on drums...

...let's take a look inside at these guys!

:uc:

A Little Piece Of Heaven

Nightmare

Avenged-Sevenfold-w05.jpg

2983626403_f7621947b2.jpg

Avenged_Sevenfold.jpg

R.I.P. James Owen Sullivan

February 9, 1981-December 28, 2009

revsullivan2.jpg

Edit one dead image removed - Riff Raff

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Avenged Sevenfold

I never listened to these guys much before but the stuff you sent me was pretty cool! :grinthumb I'm going to post the actual video for A Little Piece of Heaven which is pretty disturbing.

View at your own risk!!!!!!!! Not for people who get offended!!!!!!!!

:ec:
:uc:
A Little Piece of Heaven

So now that that formality is out of the way I need your help everyone. the part that kind of repeated in the song but MOSTLY is from 1:58 to 2:22 sounds so friggin' similar to another song and it'd driving me nuts!!!!! Help!!!! :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Love this band, Nightmare has to be my favourite album.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I really REALLY liked Nightmare...I mean I have an open mind anyway...but I was very surprised. I'm a little shocked to read on other sites that some people don't. I enjoyed it from front to back.

A metal band I know is up Soot's alley for sure!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I agree, Nightmare was one of my favorite album of theirs as well:

Harkat

Reaction score

This here, is a lovely and powerful song!
His voice has that slight husk to it, it gives the song this lovely touch!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Not a hater but AX7 never did anything for me. I am glad to see they changed from metalcore to a style I at least like more and maybe, just maybe I'll get around to checking out the CD with Mike Portnoy on drums.

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score

Whenever I try to listen these guys I dig the instrumental but once the singer chimes in it all goes downhill for me. Props to them though for their Fear And Loathing reference in Bat Country.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Not a hater but AX7 never did anything for me. I am glad to see they changed from metalcore to a style I at least like more and maybe, just maybe I'll get around to checking out the CD with Mike Portnoy on drums.

Unfortunately for both Avenged Sevenfold and Dream Theater, Portnoy is no longer a drummer for either of them. I guess Portnoy was only supposed to be part of the band for the album and that's it. Kind of unfortunate, considering he was pretty good with them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online