auto resize pics

Kui

Hey look, it's Freiza!
Reaction score
pics that are too big make the entire page run off the screen. Most boards auto resize the photos to make them fit in the screen, then you can click on the photo and enlarge if you want.

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
This is a nice idea, but this can also be easily avoided by choosing the same image on a smaller scale. There are duplicates of the same image all over the internet in different sizes. I noticed while choosing an avatar or profile picture it will attempt to automatically scale an image down to size if its dimensions are too large (sometimes it's even too big for it to resize), as well. Often can you scale images down yourself on a few websites too. But this feature would be a nice implementation, regardless. Tedium is the least of my worries, though. :grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
@Kui, trust me, it's one of many ideas we've been throwing around, but actual changes are down to Shaggy. There's nothing else we can do than wait for him. You wouldn't believe the amount of photos I've had to resize in my time as admin on CRF! @Cadleson does make a good point though. There's a preview button, I suggest people use it, especially when posting a photo. If the photo is too large, find another one or resize the photo you want with one of the many easy-to-use image editing programs. For example IrfanWiew:

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

Kui

Hey look, it's Freiza!
Reaction score
That's lame bro :rolleyes:

1 download
2 resize
3 upload

three steps when all one should have to do is paste a link.........

It's not hard

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Image Settings

I'd do it myself if I had admin rights. With my slow connection a lot of times I just don't upload because it's a pain in the ass and takes me forever.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That's lame bro :rolleyes:

1 download
2 resize
3 upload

three steps when all one should have to do is paste a link.........

It's not hard

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Image Settings

I'd do it myself if I had admin rights. With my slow connection a lot of times I just don't upload because it's a pain in the ass and takes me forever.

Cousin K, I think Shaggy has tight restrictions on the admin privileges. Sharp can't change those settings :nw:

Kui

Hey look, it's Freiza!
Reaction score
that's weak seems dumb since he doesn't come here any more. What's the point of being admin then hahahahahaaha.

Oh well I have been modstaff before but never admin of a board I don't know what it takes.

Always good to hear from good people magic, life has gotten a little buck wilder and I am still living it but wooo.

I shaved my beard a while ago and glad I did because the weather around me has been crazy too.

I don't care that much about the pic resize its no big deal just thought that any admin had admin rights but its just a group I guess.

Are Shaggy's other sites still up? I remember a photo one and a car one but not the addresses.

My favorite site rip hahahaha ;) @Magic

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
that's weak seems dumb since he doesn't come here any more. What's the point of being admin then hahahahahaaha.

Oh well I have been modstaff before but never admin of a board I don't know what it takes.

Always good to hear from good people magic, life has gotten a little buck wilder and I am still living it but wooo.

I shaved my beard a while ago and glad I did because the weather around me has been crazy too.

I don't care that much about the pic resize its no big deal just thought that any admin had admin rights but its just a group I guess.

Are Shaggy's other sites still up? I remember a photo one and a car one but not the addresses.

My favorite site rip hahahaha ;) @Magic

Shaggy has a slew of forums. Some are busy and others are almost dead.

Speaking of site rips.......got any good ones? PM me :)

Kui

Hey look, it's Freiza!
Reaction score
lol you know I do at all time.

And I am going to start pre editing images here,

2012599-le_sigh.jpg

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The image resizer is installed. Its set to shrink down a image that is to big to the width of 640. If the user wants to see the full version, all they have to do is click on the image and it enlarges within the post.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online