As you cope with the help of music.

Marielle Miguel

Reaction score
It’s worth noting that music itself wasn’t the coping aid, but rather, music-related behavior, specifically the ways people have adapted their musical behaviors during the crisis. In this regard, music listening and music making appear to provide different coping potentials,” explains Melanie Wald-Fuhrmann, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics.

Are you guys feeling the same way? Being a gigging musician myself, I have to be honest and say that this is quite possibly the worst period of my adult life; without my main means of expression, I'm very lost. But I've no doubt that every musician around the world who performs to other humans feels exactly the same as I do.

Living for the day we can all get back out, and make a bit of noise! Stay safe, everyone.

James Retro

Reaction score
I understand what you mean, playing in front of a live audience is the life of a musician. In the meantime, let's just stay safe and play our music in the confines of our homes.

Marielle Miguel

Reaction score
Thank you. I have recently been thinking about career choices in music and I found music therapy- This looks like something I would quite like to choose as a career path, so I was wondering if anybody had any experiences, or comments about this. :)

James Retro

Reaction score
Also, I must've written and recorded 20 or more orchestral pieces. I couldn't just sit at home and do nothing. It helped take my mind off things to do all the writing, tweaking, recording, and mixing involved.

I'm still doing it regularly!

sgunko902

Reaction score
Music is the most subtle and yet the most influential sphere of culture. It can be the most powerful instrument of both perfection and creation and destruction.
For example, punk rock fans were notable for their aversion to all sorts of authority, their inclination to carry weapons, at one time I also carried weapons, though in the best holster for Hi Point C9. But now it is the most influential sphere of culture and has a therapeutic property. For example, music helped me to get over the parting with the girl I love.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Certainly over the past few months, I've pulled away from the life I led for 59 years... I'm under no Illusion in what's coming down the road. Many on here have re-introduced me to some lost music, and albums - Eloy for one!
This is great and I feel more positive and receptive to other music, yes it helps me cope.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online