As you cope with the help of music.

Marielle Miguel

Reaction score
It’s worth noting that music itself wasn’t the coping aid, but rather, music-related behavior, specifically the ways people have adapted their musical behaviors during the crisis. In this regard, music listening and music making appear to provide different coping potentials,” explains Melanie Wald-Fuhrmann, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Empirical Aesthetics.

Are you guys feeling the same way? Being a gigging musician myself, I have to be honest and say that this is quite possibly the worst period of my adult life; without my main means of expression, I'm very lost. But I've no doubt that every musician around the world who performs to other humans feels exactly the same as I do.

Living for the day we can all get back out, and make a bit of noise! Stay safe, everyone.

James Retro

Reaction score
I understand what you mean, playing in front of a live audience is the life of a musician. In the meantime, let's just stay safe and play our music in the confines of our homes.

Marielle Miguel

Reaction score
Thank you. I have recently been thinking about career choices in music and I found music therapy- This looks like something I would quite like to choose as a career path, so I was wondering if anybody had any experiences, or comments about this. :)

James Retro

Reaction score
Also, I must've written and recorded 20 or more orchestral pieces. I couldn't just sit at home and do nothing. It helped take my mind off things to do all the writing, tweaking, recording, and mixing involved.

I'm still doing it regularly!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albertemuct

Members online

No members online now.