Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 51 61.4%

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Zeppelin.

Not sure how you mean it's a covers album? In 9 tracks I think there's only maybe 2-3 cover songs, Willie Dixon stuff mainly.

2-3? Try 4 songs are cover songs:

* Babe I'm Gonna Leave You = Joan Baez, a song that Zeppelin originally gave no writing credit to Joan (later updated to give credit)

* Dazed and Confused = Jack Holmes wrote and recorded it a couple yrs before Zeppelin. Also, the Yardbirds did this song (at least live) before Zeppelin. Again, another case of Zeppelin taking a song and not giving credit until years later

* You Shook Me - Willie Dixon

* I Can't Quit You Baby - Willie Dixon

the other 5 tracks were originals. On that note, of the 4 songs that were covers, those 4 covers took up over 24 minutes on the album while the original songs took up just over 20 minutes. So, technically, over half of that album is a 'cover album'.

now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they suck because of it. I think Zeppelin's first album is probably their second best album (after LZ II), but it IS a cover album to a large degree.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2-3? Try 4 songs are cover songs:

* Babe I'm Gonna Leave You = Joan Baez, a song that Zeppelin originally gave no writing credit to Joan (later updated to give credit)

* Dazed and Confused = Jack Holmes wrote and recorded it a couple yrs before Zeppelin. Also, the Yardbirds did this song (at least live) before Zeppelin. Again, another case of Zeppelin taking a song and not giving credit until years later

* You Shook Me - Willie Dixon

* I Can't Quit You Baby - Willie Dixon

the other 5 tracks were originals. On that note, of the 4 songs that were covers, those 4 covers took up over 24 minutes on the album while the original songs took up just over 20 minutes. So, technically, over half of that album is a 'cover album'.

now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they suck because of it. I think Zeppelin's first album is probably their second best album (after LZ II), but it IS a cover album to a large degree.

Well that I didn't know, learn something new here everyday. lol

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If I am nothing else, I am a fountain of useless information. :tongue:

:cheers2

Not really useless, it would prove helpful should I do a video review on this album. :heheh:
:cheers2:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online